Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wondering if any NorCal Owners are planning a camp out or gathering in 2018. I'd love to join in if the timing and destination are right. Am thinking of heading to Lassen Nat'l Park in April, for example. Anyone else up for that? Other suggestions? Just FYI, my wife and I are located in Oakland.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sacramento. ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Emily722 and SauceBox, thanks for posting your interest in a NorCal gathering. My plans for a Lassen Nat'l Park have been put on hold until next year because the Bumpass Hell Trail is closed for "rehabilitation" until after December. But maybe some other members will have a road trip or two to suggest. I have taken some excellent trips earlier this year to Joshua Tree/Salton Sea/Anza Borrego and to the blue highways and back roads of Nevada. I've posted descriptions on my Wordpress site at https://eaklandish.wordpress.com/travel/

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
NorCal meet up

I am back in the Element ! I was down and out for 3 solid weeks without an Element! I survived. I am in Fremont, CA. I would love to meet up with other Ellie owners! Hope someone gets one together - and no I am not volunteering as I don't know anyone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Im in Fremont Ca also and would like to meet up with other Element owners.
My 04 Element which Ive only owned for 5 months has 65k miles on it and in very good condition. I have a few up grades: Pioneer DVD Stereo, sunroof w/snap on screen, half nose mask, front fog lights, AWD, Roof Basket, Side nerf bars.

Just got back on a 3 day camping trip to Lake Don Pedro. Wow this vehicle has tons of room inside to hold all my gear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks folks for adding your comments to this thread. I haven't heard anything through other channels about a planned outing in the remaining months of 2018.

But maybe in 2019? Hopefully others will respond to this post and we can try to figure something out.

P.S. I'm going to add your names to my Forum "Friends" list so that we can be in touch directly. If you're okay with that, accept my Friend request. If not, that's fine...I'll just add you as a contact.

·
Registered
318 Posts
When I discovered this forum in 2012, I became part of a group of campers that met regularly on a yearly basis. Most were from NorCal and a few from SoCal. We've been to the Redwoods, Death Valley, Lake Cahuma and Morro Bay. An email was sent to the "group" just the other day and they're trying to plan a camping trip to Morro Bay State Park in May or June 2019.

The last time we hooked up for camping was in May 2017 and we had the small group campsite at Morro Bay State park which accommodates up to 10 vehicles. If I remember correctly it worked out to $40 for 3 nights (Thu thru Sun) per car. Most camped in their Elements with about 3 in tents. There 6 Elements (3 Ecampers) and 4 various other vehicles as some of us have moved on from the Element as a camper. Elements continue to be in the majority.

I would be happy to share more information as plans firm up and can add you to the email list if you want to message me privately on the EOC. It would be great to add more members who are also interested in camping.

Camp on!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey all!

Just wanted to reach out as I am always up for adventuring and meeting others who like to do the same! I live in Sonoma County but try to camp as much as possible, keep me posted on any meetups/camp trips. I would love to join! Maybe Usal in the spring time? There would be more than enough sites for all of us to camp out right along the beach, and would allow fires... Looking forward to meeting some new adventurers!

Cheers,
Kole
#HomerTheHonda

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here there, everyone!

If you've posted to this Forum conversation, I have added you to my Contacts list and have requested that you accept my Friends invitation (some of you have done so already). I'm more than happy to use this list to aid in organizing a trip somewhere. But to clarify, I am not volunteering to lead the effort, just to help with it. ;-)

I also have a separate email list for a Bay Area ECrewe + ECamper Owners group that I used to organize a small gathering in Golden Gate Park in May 2018. We had about 12 E owners show up -- and one who drove all the way up from SoCal to join us. If you would like me to add your name & email to that list, please just send me a private message via this Forum, and I'd be happy to do so.

And I did get an invitation to join the Morro Bay gathering this coming May -- it will happen over the Mother's Day weekend. So there are folks out there who are willing to take the lead on NorCal gatherings.

Please make a point of posting any such information to this Forum conversation so that we can all be aware of such plans.

In the meantime, here's wishing Happy Trails to you all in 2019! _henry

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I discovered this forum in 2012, I became part of a group of campers that met regularly on a yearly basis. Most were from NorCal and a few from SoCal. We've been to the Redwoods, Death Valley, Lake Cahuma and Morro Bay. An email was sent to the "group" just the other day and they're trying to plan a camping trip to Morro Bay State Park in May or June 2019.

The last time we hooked up for camping was in May 2017 and we had the small group campsite at Morro Bay State park which accommodates up to 10 vehicles. If I remember correctly it worked out to $40 for 3 nights (Thu thru Sun) per car. Most camped in their Elements with about 3 in tents. There 6 Elements (3 Ecampers) and 4 various other vehicles as some of us have moved on from the Element as a camper. Elements continue to be in the majority.

I would be happy to share more information as plans firm up and can add you to the email list if you want to message me privately on the EOC. It would be great to add more members who are also interested in camping.

Camp on!
I see that these posts are from years ago, but I live in NorCal (Humboldt) and I would Definetly be down to plan a trip or camp out!
-jazmillions

·
Registered
318 Posts
I see that these posts are from years ago, but I live in NorCal (Humboldt) and I would Definetly be down to plan a trip or camp out!
-jazmillions
There is a camping trip to Morro Bay State Campground that was originally planned for May 2020. Due to the pandemic, it was rescheduled for September 27-30, 2020. We have reserved the small group campsite for $35 per person for the 3 days, capped at 11 vehicles. The last I heard, there were a few spots open. There are still a few who camp in their elements but some of us have moved on to vans, teardrops or tenting. Let me know if there is any interest and I’ll reach out to the organizer to see how many spots are available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a good time for us to meet up, but just passed your old 2008 blue camper top on the highway near Oakland and Googling Efalia brought me to the other now-closed post about the sale. Been thinking about something of the sort for our own. Just wanted to wave hello!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Bay Area Element owners. If anyone is interested in prototyping a catalytic converter shield to protect your Element, let me know! It would require you to drop off your Element for a day to get fitted and you will get a complimentary shield for your car! The car would need to be dropped off in San Jose, near 880 and 101. We make shields for all the Prius's and are looking to cover other vehicles too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,968 Posts
Welcome to the EOC millercat! :)

Thank you for the information.

In order to get a better response to your offer, it would probably be better for you to post the message again, only this time in the Problems and Issues section , and with wording like "catalytic convertor shield" in the title block.

What you are doing will be a great benefit to Element owners. Nearly every other day we get another post where an Element cat was stolen. (And of course there are likely many more victims out there who don't report it here!) So we definitely want to get the word out about you.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the EOC millercat! :)

Thank you for the information.

In order to get a better response to your offer, it would probably be better for you to post the message again, only this time in the Problems and Issues section , and with wording like "catalytic convertor shield" in the title block.

What you are doing will be a great benefit to Element owners. Nearly every other day we get another post where an Element cat was stolen. (And of course there are likely many more victims out there who don't report it here!) So we definitely want to get the word out about you.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the welcome response! I will post there also. Hopefully someone local will be able to lend their vehicle so that all Elements will have a shield available to them in the future..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.