Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted upgrade my factory speakers.. I already have the Pioneer AVIC 700bt head unit.
My question is has anyone put component speakers in the E?
Hows does the cross over work?
Is it easy to do, and can do it with the factory amp?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have installed some components in the front doors of the E, but used an aftermarket amp. You can install new speakers and just use the factory wiring which will hook right into the amp. Do not buy very high dollar powerful speakers as the factory amp will not have enough power to run them. You should look into the new Rockford Fosgate punch components, they are going to be a very good upgrade from stock and are efficent.

Justin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks.. So i can just pop off the door cover to the speakers and just hook them up. Same thing with the tweeters ? NO crossover or anything is needed??

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Installed JL Audio Evolution C5-650's in the front doors. Used factory Tweeter location. Just used hot glue to hold tweeter in place, then cut a backstrap piece and placed on the back for support.

Had some minor door modification for mids but nothing you could not handle.

Ed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow nice work to all, i was crazy and today drilled out my old tweeter holds to put in the new tweeters. Got dark so i have to finish tomorrow.

These are the speakers i got today..
[/IMG]

This is what i got and it came with a wire that had some kind of fuse or something in it. The guy at best buy told me to use that wire cause it will sound better.

The problem is i will have to run a that wire from the tweeter to the 6 1/2 in the door. It will be too much pain in the butt.

I just hooked it up and sounds good. I used the factory wirers.. do you think i should use the wire that came with the new speakers or use it how i did??

·
Registered
83 Posts
That tweeter wiring had a built-in cross-over to keep the frequencies that may damage the tweeter from getting to them. I'm thinking that the Elements factory amplifier is already crossed-over but it wouldn't hurt to put it inline with the factory wiring.

·
Registered
877 Posts
As you can see above, components can require a bit of work to get em in, but they're definitely worth it. I will say that if you go with components, I would put the tweeter right by the mid, or as far forward in the A pillar as possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just installed these tweeters and speakers..

Nice job. I'm doing the same. I have a couple of questions for you:

1. What size drill bit is that?;

2. Did you have to modify the metal bracket to hold the tweeters or does the tweeter enclosure itself hold them up?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Obviously thats not my install, but it most surface mount tweeters have some sort of compression system that would allow you to mount it in that hole he drilled out without any other modification or support. Also unless you're planning on using the exact same model components, you may need a different sized holesaw (which is usually specified in the installation directions for the speakers).

*edit* looks like you are actually installing the same set of speakers, my bad. I looked on the alpine site to see if they listed the mounting diameter. They list it for the woofer, but not the tweeter. Seems a little silly to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think it was 6 1/8th, for these tweeters i could of used a little smaller bit though.
Some advice i can give you is use a drill press.. if you don't have access to one start it off with your hand and then once you get it started then come with the drill.
When i did my first one slipped a couple times and took a little too much off.

and the back has a screw on ring that is simple to put on once the hole is drilled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank You

i think it was 6 1/8th, for these tweeters i could of used a little smaller bit though.
Some advice i can give you is use a drill press.. if you don't have access to one start it off with your hand and then once you get it started then come with the drill.

and the back has a screw on ring that is simple to put on once the hole is drilled.
Thanks for the advice. I was away all last week so I'll finish up the speakers this week. One last question, is there a better place to mount the crossover other than the door?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I was away all last week so I'll finish up the speakers this week. One last question, is there a better place to mount the crossover other than the door?
Zip Tied behind the Glove Box. Easy to get to to make adjustments (if you have multiple tweeter settings) but out of the way.

·
Registered
262 Posts

nice, a nice set of tools makes all the difference. once that hole was punched, running the tweeter wires was nothing, that just slide right in between the panels, easily the least difficult part of my install.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts