Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a more aggressive look. I have the all terrain tires but wanted your opinion on putting spacers on to make the tires look bigger and wider.
If anyone has done this.. pics..

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You have to be careful as putting too much offset on the bearings will cause uneven loading and quicker failure and possible clearance issues while turning.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i put 5mm spacers in the rear. any bigger then that then you have to worry about how much thread is left on the studs or get extended studs.

how big were you planning to get? I'm guessing the 20mm thick ones that have their own studs on them?

·
Registered
608 Posts
i had 8mm spacers, but now i have wheels with better offset. They are still beefy, though...15x8, -12mm offset. I dont have any clearance issues, or wheel bearing problems though..

I actually have a different style wheel now, but this one has spacers in the front
heres a pic:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i had 8mm spacers, but now i have wheels with better offset. They are still beefy, though...15x8, -12mm offset. I dont have any clearance issues, or wheel bearing problems though..
I would say that's excessive, without a doubt. Wheel bearing issues will not crop up overnight. It's a long term wear issue.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Very true. Take a weight and hold it close to you and you will stand straight. Hold it at arms length and you will have to lean back to compensate. Your car cannot lean back so it has a lot of offset loading on the bearings and that causes heating and premature failure. Kinda a goofy way to say it but it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Fatfurious2 what wheels are you running now? Any pics? I love the wide stance and am planning on a similar style. From reading I gather the -13 offset works best.

thx

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have tried a couple Cragar wheels ( v-5, Soft8 ) and those dont work. The ones that do are the Cragar D-Window. 12MPGLOL and I have these wheels. He has -13mm offset, and I have -12mm. The spacing between the wheel and the caliper on mine, is so close that you cannot put your finger in between. But that isn't affecting performance..or at least I am not seeing any issues..

As for the pics, I dont have any at the moment, but I will get some for you. I also have 4.5" chrome bullet center caps on my wheels, and a bull bar, that Im dying to take some pics of. Soon to come- 6" fogs for the bar, and a whole suspension package (as soon as my warranty is up)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have tried (i think) 8mm. Just enough thread to fit. pushed the oem out. flush in the rear and sticks out a little in the front. didn't like the look at that time. but now i have the look but with 18's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts