Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am, shall we say, a little mechanically challenged. Dremmeling, welding and things like that are beyond me. :?

I like to camp and bought my E for trips to the mountains and want to sleep in it. But I hate having to climb over the back of my seat to open the door from the back compartment.

I would love to get this done for my Element. Does anybody out there in SoCal know a shop that could/would do this?

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27856&page=2

It's the rear latch release done by Autopilot. Very cool.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I'd be down for a mod meet to do that mod!

And if you in to camping out in your Element(s), take a look at the Death Valley Campout extravaganza thread in the Events for all California thread. End of February, lots of Es, good food, good times, and lots of people sleeping in their Es.:grin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My ignorance is showing

Barkdogs, jdiane:

Forgive me for being an ignoramus, but what is a Mod Meet? Seriously?

Also, jdiane, I have seen the message threads about the Death Valley camp out and while it looks like great fun, I tend to go camping in wild places as opposed to campgrounds.

I like to bring my dogs and let them be dogs, not yard wolves. Most campgrounds, especially in National Monuments and National Parks tend to frown on dogs off leash, much less letting them chase the rabbits and squirrels. And since I tend to want to hunt birds on my trips, the Park Rangers get really upset when you drop a quail near the picnic tables. :roll:

Perhaps in the future I can make it to a Death Valley camp out, but for now since vacation time is so precious I like to spend what little of it I can get hunting quail.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
There are different things that everyone wants to do to their Elements. It could be a certain modifications like side marker lights being converted to blink with your turn signals, installing side steps, or whatever. So, since everyone has a different level of expertise in these different areas, we get together and have "Mod Meets" where everyone helps everyone else to work on their vehicle. It's a "win-win" situation for everyone who participates!

Chief

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Not a lot to it. Ramblerdan's mod is about as straight forward as you can get. It works like a charm. It's easy to do if you follow his instructions.

Dom

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I am up for a mod meet. When and where?:-D

·
Registered
834 Posts
I agree with Chief, "Mod Meet" it's a Win Win situation, it usually starts with a Hefty Breakfast then tackle each ideal mods.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mod Meet

All right. I'm game for a mod meet. Don't know how much I can do, maybe a grip for lights and a spare hand for tools, but I will gladly do that. I can certainly take photos of the processes for posting.

Anybody ever run a Mod Meet before? Have a good place? Good time?
Etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Its not hard to do and they always seem to be when I am on shift like now.:x Maybe we can set one up for the latter part of Jan and just have to figure out where. Could do it up here in Big Bear!! Just bring your cold weather clothing.:lol:
Where ever we do it we usually go somewhere and have Breakfast and then to a local meetup place to do the work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts