Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't purchased an E yet, but I'm totally interested. The only thing is I have a 5X10 trailer that I tow and need enough power to pull it. The specs on the Element say that it only has a 1500lb towing capacity. My trailer weighs about 800lbs and fully loaded with gear about 1500 to 1700 lbs.
I don't think it would be a problem on the flats, but sometimes I take it on cross country trips that requires climbing some hills. If I have the trailer loaded and 4 people in the car, am I going to have a problem getting up the hills? Anyone out there towing anything with there E? What experience have you had? Thanks.............really appreciate your advice

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have pulled a 17 foot jet boat with 175 horse engine & gear and it pulls like a little champ! not sure of the weight, but must be heavier than 2 waverunners! Just try to keep you tounge weight light & make sure the tranny is in & out of overdrive at the correct times! 8)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got a Yamaha SUV 1200 Waverunner. Its abut 1200-1300 pounds with fuel, oil, and all the misc. stuff. I live in Georgia and have no problems with the North GA mountains. It pull much better than I expected. Since its geared low it has no problems going up hill in 5th at 80 mph. That it with me, my wife and daughter, coolers, ski's, all the beach stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts