Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get the infiniti 6022si's all the way around my E. Any input?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you wont have to get the si's to fit, the regular 6022i's will fit. i have the kappas front and rear and i had to cut the plastic and mold a rain cover on the fronts only because i used the components up front. the coax's in the rear fit just fine. just some more options for you, but those are great speakers, any infinity's are really.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you wont have to get the si's to fit, the regular 6022i's will fit. i have the kappas front and rear and i had to cut the plastic and mold a rain cover on the fronts only because i used the components up front. the coax's in the rear fit just fine. just some more options for you, but those are great speakers, any infinity's are really.
what is the difference? They are both the same price. Is one better than the other? I'm not terribly familiar with car speakers. All I know is that the stock ones in a LX are pretty crappy.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
what is the difference? They are both the same price. Is one better than the other? I'm not terribly familiar with car speakers. All I know is that the stock ones in a LX are pretty crappy.
the si's are shallow mount, so the length of the voice coil is shorter as is the cone surface area since it is "flatter" than the regular ones. si is just their designation for shallow mount

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I'll let you know in a few days when mine get here. Got some major stereo upgrading to do in the coming week or so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you have the regular or shallow kappas? From the looks of things I didnt think the regular ones would fit...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best buy has the 6022i's on sale ... I think it was $79 a pair or something like that.
you can get them off crutchfield.com for $69.99 and I got two pair which is what I would do, it would be free shipping.

I rarely find that best buy is actually the "best buy".

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll let you know in a few days when mine get here. Got some major stereo upgrading to do in the coming week or so.
thanks I would appreciate that. Im gonna be getting some as soon as I sell my kayak.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do you have the regular or shallow kappas? From the looks of things I didnt think the regular ones would fit...
i have the 62.9i in the rear and they required no modification, but the 60.9cs that i put in the front had even larger magnets and required modification of the plastic drip shield behind the speaker.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so I have been reading reviews on crutchfield.com on the Infiniti Reference 6022i and 6022si's. The ratings are OK. they say that the mids and highs are fine, but they say that for both that the bass is not any good. Any rebuttal to these statements?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My fault. I didn't get 6022s
I ended up getting 60.9cs and 62.9i speakers. Both are 2 ohm versions.
well, how are they? If ya dont mind me asking, how much? and also are they still just semi-plug and play?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My fault. I didn't get 6022s
I ended up getting 60.9cs and 62.9i speakers. Both are 2 ohm versions.
wow, very nice choice :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got the shallow mount for the fronts. almost a perfect fit. i did a little trimming to get a flat fit. they really sound great to me. good bass compared to originals.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Well, the backs went in fine. No issues. Had to cut a notch on the mounting ring to make it fit, but no biggie.

The fronts however are being bitches. I'm going to order the foam baffles from crutchfield because I had to trim the stock splash shields. I could try to rig something up using tupperwear bowls or something, but I'm doing this the right way.

I'm impressed with how the 62.9's in the back sound. Can't wait to get the fronts done now. Putting the Kicker sub in later and might rip the A-Pillar pieces off to do the tweeters.

Yoda, where did you mount the crossovers?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well, the backs went in fine. No issues. Had to cut a notch on the mounting ring to make it fit, but no biggie.

The fronts however are being bitches. I'm going to order the foam baffles from crutchfield because I had to trim the stock splash shields. I could try to rig something up using tupperwear bowls or something, but I'm doing this the right way.

I'm impressed with how the 62.9's in the back sound. Can't wait to get the fronts done now. Putting the Kicker sub in later and might rip the A-Pillar pieces off to do the tweeters.

Yoda, where did you mount the crossovers?
i mounted the crossover in the driver kickpanel area and to the right of the glovebox respectivly to the side speaker they went to. the reason i did this was so that i could keep them dry and out of the doors and not have to run wire thru the boot to them. i clipped the speaker wires in half before they went in the door, wired the side comming from the amp to the input and the side going to the speaker in the door to the woofer out on the x over. then dropped speaker wire down from each a pillar for the tweet and zip tied up the factory tweeter wires to keep them from rattling. the tweets mounted very easy with a short piece of back strap even though the tweeter it WAY bigger then the factory one. i too had to cut the speaker rain shield in the front doors, but i used 1/16th inch abs sheet and molded it to the back of the speaker with the heatgun and super jet'd it back to the door skin. i had the door panels off to do all this, but you could just get the baffles and be done with it. looking back it probably could have heated the factory one with the heatgun enough to mold it out enough for the kappa, but what's done is done, and its done rights, so... oh well. i dont ever use those rings that come with the infinity speakers, never have. they seem to just be a huge pain in the a$$ and you have to modify stuff to make them fit when you could just use a good waffer head sting like the one in the picture.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts