Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been laid off at the end of may. the contract was up and my manager got outbidded. so ive been jobless since then. my mini break from work is over, gotta find a job.. ive been looking but its hard to find a job. does anyone need help at your job? :D im looking for a merchandise/warehouse job or something around there. but im open to other jobs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Usaf?

Hey Sleepy,
Wolfman here! I did 12 years USAF and it wasn't that difficult. Basic training was the same that it always is, boring except for the obstacle course at the end. After that and technical training in your chosen career, it was pretty much a nine to five job. This has changed of course with the current crisis in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I had a fairly decent life in the USAF, all things considered.

Lots of people are hurtin' for work right now. Most service branches have increased the eligible enlistment age up to meet this need.

In other words... Island's advice might be right on the money.

Give me a holler if you have any other questions!

Mahalo,

Wolfman (TYKE)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
HHmmm my advice would be to figure out what you want to do (such as warehouse, merchandiser) then find out which companies have that type of work then barrage all those companies with personal visits and resumes. You would be surprised how much businesses don't put out ads when they are looking. I know the economy throws a wrench in it but hey you got nothing to lose. That's how I got some of my jobs in the past. Goodluck dude.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know the security company at the airport, the ones that stand on the curb are always hiring. Im pretty sure the Fedz I work for aren't hiring right now.

Company: Securitas
Office: Waikamilo road off of nimitz behind the fire station.

But you do have to apply on line, they dont take walk in for applications. The guys on the curb start at about $12.00 hourly

Good luck finding something

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the security company at the airport, the ones that stand on the curb are always hiring. Im pretty sure the Fedz I work for aren't hiring right now.

Company: Securitas
Office: Waikamilo road off of nimitz behind the fire station.

But you do have to apply on line, they dont take walk in for applications. The guys on the curb start at about $12.00 hourly

Good luck finding something
that sounds like good pay but idk if i like do security..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts