Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one hot summer here in midwest my floor has managed to bubble itself up almost completely in the rear of my new E. I can't believe it is so bad. I'm gonna be taking it back to my dealer this week and having them fix it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Since it happened so early in my owning this vehicle I can't imagine that I'm the only one. I'll bet Honda is going to have a real problem with this and people living in warmer climates. But the real question is can they spell recall?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't have any bubbles, but today when I was wiping the passenger side floor down, I noticed that it drops down a few inches from the door edge. I don't remember noticing this before. Is this normal?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not sure but my brother in law is a mechanic his bookkeeper owns one the slope in the floor near the doors is to allow for draining hose it down and it runs out! I may be wrong I'll find out on Tues!

·
Registered
174 Posts
YES! I had the side doors open and in the direct sunlight on a 90 degree day, for about 5 mins..it bubbled like crazy. I thought it would go away after it cooled down, but it didn't. I am planning on taking it in too. Let me know what your dealer says.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I test drove an EX this weekend in the 95 degree Pasadena heat. The car was so new they had to take all of the plastic off the seats so I could drive it. When jumping in the back, I noticed that the floor in front of the rear seats would give about a half inch when stepped on. It appeared that the flooring had de-laminated from the bed. This doesn't seem normal, does it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES YES YES My floor is mad bubbling...like crazy. I am going to go in and ask the dealership what they can do. I think this would be included in the warranty since it is part of the actual car.. I dunno .. Anyone else?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Haven't had any bubbling yet.

Alarm- the flooring in the element is not "adhered" to the metal underneath it, it is like a carpet found in other vehicles, except it is plastic, so it will have some movement, I have noticed there is a little "give" in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! I'm new to this site. I noticed my front floor has a big bubble this morning. I'm in Arkansas and the heat is unbearable here! Please let me know what your dealers tell you and if you can get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still haven't taken it in to get it checked but I did call and they sounded more than willing to take care of the problem. I'll let everyone know when I finally take it in. I just gotta find someone to take me to the dealer (30 min away) and take me back a few days later :D !

And by he way Firetruck I understand and know exactly what you are saying, but my floor is Bubbling up WAY MORE than it should. If your E has the comfort of a controlled temperature garage then congrats but I guarantee every E will see this problem eventually until they figure out how to make a floor that doesn't expand as much or they secure the entire floor adequately!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
And by he way Firetruck I understand and know exactly what you are saying, but my floor is Bubbling up WAY MORE than it should. If your E has the comfort of a controlled temperature garage then congrats but I guarantee every E will see this problem eventually until they figure out how to make a floor that doesn't expand as much or they secure the entire floor adequately!!
My element is exposed to extreem temp. both cold and hot as it does not sit in a garage. I have no trouble with the floor. It is not supposed to be securly attached. There is a foam backing and the floor floats. It think because the floor expands is why the made it so that it floats.

I understand how you feel I felt the same about the windshields. when mine crack I believed (and still do) that it is faulty glass. I also believed (and still do) that every early element will have the windshield break. The reality is that looking around this board, there are more people with out broken windshields then one with cracks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts