Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info from anyone who has traded in a PT Cruiser or know of any side-by-side comparisons of the cars. Looking to tradein my 2001 Limited. Room inside E looks like more that PT.

Michael

·
Registered
53 Posts
Michael.

Go to www.edmunds.com

about 1/2 down the page on the left, you will see a feature called compare cars.
click it and enter the info for your pt cruiser and the element
it will give you a side by side comparison and pros and cons of both vehicles.

The element is indeed larger than the pt.
also, I do not know of any dealers that are giving fullo blue book trade in amounts on pt cruisers. sorry.

Will

·
Registered
50 Posts
my friend at work has a pt cruiser and he drives us to lunch a lot and so i know first hand that there is tons more room inside the element.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Cruiser is a great road car IMHO and I love taking trips in it but when it comes time for hauling stuff, the E gets the call. There's a lot of room in a PT Cruiser when the back seats are folded or removed altogether, but you have less head room and the floor is not level. I also don't want to tear or mark up the upholstery in the Cruiser and I didn't buy it for that purpose anyway. The PT rides better and gets better milage, but not by much. FWIW :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would.

My neighbor has one (2001 Silver), and I was tempted because of the look and the ride; but he recently tried to trade it back in on a new turbo one and was greatly peeved and what the dealers tried to get him for it. :shock:

And he's had it new since 2001 and in the 2years since then he's had some suspension problems and it's been in the shop twice. But over all it seems like a nice vehicle

I do admit that as far as hustle ...the PT beats the E.
After all, it's lighter, & has more torque on the same sized engine.

But as far as utilization goes.....The E can't matched.
More room, more cargo space, and maybe better resale value, and being that it's a Honda--better maintanence.

Although the PT warranty is better------maybe 'cause they(Chrysler owners) need it. :wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife has a PT Cruiser and I have an Element. Both are great cars and haul a lot. I like the Element because it has 4 wheel drive and is easy to clean up. We live in the country with lots of mud and some snow. I prefer the PT's styling, but the Element is more practical for hauling dirty loads.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The PT was one of my other top-3 choices when picking a car this year... it was choice #1 until I met the Element. I love the retro styling in the PT, and the small size... but it's a Neon engine. Furthermore, for toting a full drum kit, the E just made more sense to me. I think the turning point for me was seeing that the floor model of the PT at the auto show had a broken 'table leg' in the rear... didn't instill a sense of sturdiness.

Glad I've got my E anyway... all the PT owners I see around here seem to be middle-aged anyway. :)

Drew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts