Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
A friend of mine bought a Sprinter van from a company that bought 10 of them, and then the economy went to crap, he got his 2009 Sprinter for $12,000. I wanted one too, but by the time I called the guy, they had sold all of them...I looked at the ford Transit Connect too, its kind of cool....for the Ford approach to the Element :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, prices seem pretty reasonable on all their stuff too.
He just emailed me back and said the tent is a "commercially produced" item so I guess he doesn't make it. He makes the "camping kit" that he sells with it for the element.

So, anyone know if the tent he's selling is a good one and if he's got the best price for it?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ugh, blogger is really sucking. believe it or not, if you click on the Goat Mountain Arts in that sentence where it tells you it doesn't exist, it'll take you right there,lol.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the tent in question. Its made by DAK. I picked up mine through an online camping store. I believe it was $109 shipped. Make sure you buy the SUV model. The mid-sized truck isn't tall enough to fit the rear opening on the E.

I have only used mine a handful of times, at music festivals. The fit isn't perfect but its good enough for me. I have never had a problem with bugs or rain getting inside my E. Actually, the last festival I was at, this tent survived a tornado. Literally... it looked like a bomb went off in hippieville. My E remained dry on the inside. With the exception of a little water that collected at the bottom of the tent under the tailgate there were no issues. For the record, my buddies who were with me didn't fare so well with their high end camping gear and tents (2 tents were a complete loss, one tent was nowhere to be found and the last that anyone saw our ez-up it was flying across the Potomac River into West Virginia).

I would suggest covering the roof of your E with a tarp to ensure there wont be any leakage around the top. Other than that, its great.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Gidget would never forgive you if she had to go back to the tent.

I like the dark wheels on yours. Those would look good on the teardrop, too.

Hmmmm.....

:)
How did my post and pics end up here? i swear I put it on the camping thread,lol. Thos are the bare naked steelies. Thanks to the member who suggested just removing the hubcaps. I like it cause it looks like a Tonka Tank.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Campmor Hatch Tent - Door Ajar Problems?

I am looking to buy an Element and like the idea of a hatch tent for camping. Are there any problems with leaving the hatch/tailgate open for long periods of time in terms of any sort of "door ajar/open" warning lights that might come on and stay on? I used to have a Subaru Forester and it was very difficult to disable the hatch open warning light. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Make sure all the inside light are off. When my DH built my platform the doors were open for hours and the battery died. Which seemed a little silly, frankly.
The warnings I have no idea, sorry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts