Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is anybody in the EOC live in Nebraska anymore? Gretna / Omaha area here.....Anyone? :-?

Lincoln????

Just wondering, Bob

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Well Bob, I don't live there.....But I DID have dinner in Omaha once....then we left.

You see Mrs. IRV and me we like boring places. And for Mrs. IRV if a boring movie was set there....it's a must go.

So a few years ago we HAD to go to see the bridges in Madison County, Iowa. Off we went. Stayed in Winterset, Iowa (birthplace of John Wayne). Saw some old pick-up truck Clint Eastwood drove, toured an old house where that Italian women was suppose to live....

So after all that excitement, we drove Iowa State Rt. 92 over to Omaha and had dinner at the Bob Evans restaurant. Then we left Nebraska.

OTHER IRV vacation spots:
Stillwater / Red Wing / Albert Lea, MN.

Bethany / Ridgeway, MO.

Branchland, WV.

Great Pond / Aurora, ME.

Bye the bye Bob. Remember when I lobbied to have the North American Element Meet in Gretna? Now some Virgina members are chirpping up. We'll get it out there for you yet.:p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ft Randall is the next dam up from Yankton, much larger than Gavins Point which is the dam I spent my childhood at. When I moved away I was shocked to learn that not everybody had a huge lake to spend their summers on. We boated, skied, fished it was a great area to grow up in.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi, Bob, we're still here. Where have you been??? Did you get the painting finished on your E?

Actually, I've been busy playing in my Barbie room. You know us people who love toys!!! I did give the E a great inside cleaning last week---looks gorgeous--but already took Pugs for a "bye-bye" time, so the dog hair is back:-|

Happy Father's Day, Bob. Say hi to the wife and kids for us.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's like old home week here. I used to live in Yankton (on the lake) while attending graduate school in Vermillion and working at the Human Services Center. I also worked as a Ranger for the US Army Corps of Engineer at Lake Francis Case (Chamberlain) and Lake Oahe (Pierre & Mobridge).:cool:

Of course this was all 35 years ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good grief Farther, Almost eveyone I know worked for the state hospital or at the lake while going to college at USD. (Mostly 20 years ago), When I lived at the lake I would ride bike on the horse trails by Gavins Point in the mornings or canoe on Lake Yankton. Small world.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
PugMom said:
Hi, Bob, we're still here. Where have you been??? Did you get the painting finished on your E?

Actually, I've been busy playing in my Barbie room. You know us people who love toys!!! I did give the E a great inside cleaning last week---looks gorgeous--but already took Pugs for a "bye-bye" time, so the dog hair is back:-|

Happy Father's Day, Bob. Say hi to the wife and kids for us.
Well I guess there are a bunch of Nebraska people on the EOC. New and old.

PugMom I know all about playing with toys. Have been posting on hobbytalk.com alot as they have about every kind of hobby you can think of there. I even went into a Chat for the slot car forum. Never went into any Chat room before this. It was different and fun!

Are you still checking out that forum about Pugs??? Hello everyone and off to Vegas in the morning...anyone else from Nebraska going to the Big E-Vent?:-?

I think Junebug is going. I know she doesn't live in Nebraska but, we almost met up a while back. Didn't work out but, will see here there this time. Yay! CoolTake care, Bob

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jeff 'n Roni still here.

We just got back from a vacation to the Michigan UP in the E... 'Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore'... Sault Ste Marie... Mackinac Island. A testament to the E's comfort... I drove all the way from Mackinac Island back home in a single day... almost 900 miles. Didn't do to good on mileage though... I had the pedal to the metal!

Any plans for a get together? We should crash one of these bar sponsored car shows some evening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:p:p:pI is bran spankin' new to this forum, be gentle. I live in Omaha and have an '03 element with 106k miles and still running strong. A lot of interior stuff is falling apart, but mechanically - it purrs.:D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
29 Participants
EdinOmaha
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing