Honda Element Owners Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is anyone familiar with TSB #03-027 (May 3rd) -- Engine Controls - MIL ON/DTC PA200 (Air Fuel Ratio)?

I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the poor mileage (11-12 mpg) I've been getting around town since I purchased my E (~8 months ago). (I get normal mileage, 22-23 on the hwy.) I asked the dealer about this problem and they said they haden't heard anything regarding poor mileage. They said that I should run through 4 tanks of gas and record the mileage and they would then send this on to Honda.

I'm in the process of doing this but I'd also like to know if anyone else is getting this kind of mileage. I was getting better mileage with my Buick estate wagon with a V8 and 4 bbl. Cheers,

Ken

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am getting about 17-21 mpg in all city driving...I have gotten as much as 24.5 on the hgwy (road trip)....but a month or so ago I started getting 14.5-15 mpg in my normal driving conditions....

I took my E into the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong....they checked the fuel line and a bunch of other stuff, they couldn't find a thing wrong.

The next tank of gas was 19mpg, so perhaps I got a bad tank of gas....but the dealership didn't mention anything about the service bulletin...I will have to look it up and check it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too have been experiencing far lower gas mileage than advertised. I am only getting about 200 Miles to the Tank!!! And when I first purchased the vehicle I was getting even less (180 mi to the tank)! This is absolutely horrible.

In addition, I have been having performance problems since my last fill-up. There has been a noticeable drop in power and I would like to have it checked. Unfortunately the honda dealer in germany where I live doesnt seem to have a clue.

HELP!!!!!

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Wrong thread for this; you might comment/inquire in one of the general low gas mileage threads. We're talking here about a specific, hard failure in VERY early vehicles... "MIL" means "malfunction indicator light", or "'check engine' light" to you and me.

Thread locked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.