Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my mother, grandmother and me have all got the flu shot this year at the same time and my wife and aunt did not. Well, the weird thing is early 10 days after getting the shot my mother and grandmother got a horrible 24 hour flu with massive upchucking and rear end disaster to put it lightly. Now 1 day later, I have it and my wife and aunt are fine.
I have not felt so sick in a long time.
Take caution this year as this is happening alot as I just searched it on google.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It is possible to get a reaction like what you explained from any type of shot, especially the flu shot. I still would reccommend getting the vaccination, however, if they offer multiple shots like last year (the regular flu shot and the H1N1), SPACE THEM OUT. It is not a good idea to get them at the same time. It's usually rare but together they can cause some major health issues.

Not trying to scare anyone, just a helpful piece of advice.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Got the shot a few weeks ago and all is well...

·
Registered
36 Posts
The flu shot is an attenuated dose that is specific for certain strains, which have been determined to be the most prevalent for the particular year.

If people are having flu-like symptoms, they have been infected by a strain outside the therapeutic properties of the seasonal flu shot.

It is not uncommon to have discomfort at the site of injection, and/or to feel somewhat "run down" after immunization.

Unless otherwise indicated by a trained medical professional, the flu shot is advisable. This is especially important for the very young, the elderly, or those individuals who are immmunocompromised.

Disclaimer; This post does not substitute seeking advice from a trained medical professional. Nor does is constitute a diagnosis, or imply a treatment regimen. This post is intended to be for entertainment purposes only.

·
Registered
872 Posts
never get it. it almost killed my dad.it took a few weeks to find out what had paralized him.he was sent to another horsepiddell where that figured it out. he was the only one of 5 that cam out alive,they had to replase all of his blood with synthetic blood & go through a dialliss type of thing for about a week.the shot gave him and the others geion berrie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow. I've always seen no point to getting these shots basically because they're guessing on which strain will be prevalent, so it could be absolutely USELESS if they're wrong... but after reading this thread i'm SO glad i never got it. Especially because every single doctor i've ever met recommends me get it. HA! I haven't had the flu since these shots came out, but i also take lots of vitamin c during flu season.. works great!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
We got ours three weeks ago.
Last year we got flu/sick during the holidays, missed out on the wife's annual extra special faboo office X-mas party and blew our family gatherings all to hell.
What a frikkin drag that was.
Then thinking we were outta the woods... we got sick again in February and cancelled out on a EOC Death Valley Camping Binge.
That really sucked!!!!!

But not this year! (anyway I hope)
Got our flu shots and no side effects - feeling good and hope we remain that way!

·
Registered
480 Posts
To answer your question, I refuse to get the shot because I get the flu anyway and it always seems just as bad with or without the shot.

...rear end disaster to put it lightly...
Lovingly referred to as a "Fecal Apocalypse"........:-D

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I don't get flu shots, and get the flu about once every 8yrs.

Mr. Jojo used to get the shot every year because they gave them free at work and he got the flu every year anyway.

I've heard too many bad stories about the shots and what they contain.
I'll never get the shot.

I'll take my chances with healthy eating, vitamins and proper hand washing.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
My wife works in microbiology at a nationally respected research hospital, and she and I both get flu shots.

To each his own, but here are some facts. First question and last question on this site are especially applicable.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I work at a hospital but I go against the recommendations for the flu shot. I prefer the hippie route with vitamins, getting enough sleep, and honey!

Plus getting sick every now and then is a good thing, helps your immune system build up a defense, that's why older people weren't affected as much by the H1N1 flu, while people my age were getting their a** kicked by it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I am better but my daughter got it and took her to the doctors and the doctor said she does not get them or like them, so I will consider it more carefully in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts