Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that my black EX is having problems on the drivers side. After driving on the highway the door seems to work loose and then starts to whistle as wind comes through. Today was a windy day so I'm not for sure if that had something to do with it. Anyone have similar problems?

We live 75 miles from the dealer and we happened to be in the area today. Took it by and they wouldn't even look at it because we didn't have an appointment. Sure hope it doesn't open while I'm going down the highway! I guess we need to make an appointment, make another trip, etc. :roll:

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Element-ary,

i expirienced somehing simular on my road trip thru the west.

in new mexico i ran into some strong crosswinds from the north. i was traveling west, so it seemed that the forcing wind was entering the passanger side and it felt like it was pushing the drivers doors out.

at one point i stoped to check if my doors were not fully closed, they were.

once i got out of those crosswinds it all went back to normal.

hope this helps, and yes they did whistle.

good luck!

·
Registered
424 Posts
A few months ago i had the same problem with my door whistling with the outside air hitting my left ear. I took my E to the dealer to fix a window leak and the whistling went away also. I think the door rubber seals was not put on right from factory. It has been water and whistling free :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a problem with my drivers side door. It makes a combination of a creaking,clicking, rattleing noise at the top latch where the two doors meet. I also feel a slight breeze coming from between the two doors while driving. I don't feel unsafe like the doors will pop open but it is agrivating. There have been other posts pertaining to this same type of problem. By the way this occurs on all but the smoothest of roads. Hopefully the dealer can fix at next oil change. Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote:89b3a7992d="Element-ary"]Today I noticed that my black EX is having problems on the drivers side. After driving on the highway the door seems to work loose and then starts to whistle as wind comes through. Today was a windy day so I'm not for sure if that had something to do with it. Anyone have similar problems?

We live 75 miles from the dealer and we happened to be in the area today. Took it by and they wouldn't even look at it because we didn't have an appointment. Sure hope it doesn't open while I'm going down the highway! I guess we need to make an appointment, make another trip, etc. :roll:

Thanks![/quote:89b3a7992d]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts