Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been kicking around the idea of upgrading my headlights to projectors with HIDs.

And amongst all my research I ran across a company called Xenon-Vision out of Canada. I checked out their offerings and they have a 35w HID system for $69! Thats including a 2 year warranty on both bulbs and ballasts.

Forgive my skepticism, but when im shopping around and most HID systems go for $160+, im sorry, but this makes my spidey-sense tingle.

So I was hoping that someone else has purchased these brands of lights to give me an honest opinion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
@DJMarkHou

i have HIDs in my element had them for over 10 years and have not had any issues, just make sure that you get the low/high beam bulbs. i got my set for around 60-70 bucks. I also recently got LED headlight bulbs, but haven't had time to install them yet. In my option the HID or LED headlights make a huge difference, but i do not have that brand. the brand i got was Ztec

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After all the research i've been doin on HID's im inclined to agree with you. Most of the time you lose your high beam ability, or they are sensitive to shock and they dont like to be flashed....its too much to think about. Probably gonna get me some LEDs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Led is the way to go for single bulb reflector headlight housings.

Headlight Revolution online puts out excellent products.

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Led is the way to go for single bulb reflector headlight housings.

Headlight Revolution online puts out excellent products.

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk
There still aren't any LED bulbs that work in Honda Element headlights with the possible exception of the rather expensive Sylvania bulbs. I haven't had a chance to test those yet. I HAVE tested bulbs identical to the H4 Supernova bulbs from Headlight Revolution and they do make a better beam pattern than most of the other LED's but the light scatter from the reflector still makes them blinding to oncoming traffic. You can't run that many lumens and stay safe or legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts