Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody thought of installing a Parrot CK3000? I'm not sure where to find the correct harness for installing it correctly to the back of my stock deck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've seen a few different ISO harnesses for sale, but I would hate to buy one and end up having to have another piece or another harness to make it all fit in, and have it be an extremely more difficult process than it has to be.
I was wondering if anybody has done it before.
Did you install it yourself in your f150?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks man! What a pain, i figured it would be. If it's not a bitch to install it's not worth having!
At a certain point I think i'll just replace the deck to do all the things I want
it to do.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
...I wouldn't recommend it, though after all is said and done, I enjoy using mine. Here's my rant from the day after I installed it:

http://lean-off.blogspot.com/2009/11/hands-free.html
The problem you are having with the volume vs amplified system is not a difficult fix. The Parrot puts out a full signal, strong enough to drive an actual speaker. The OEM amp is supposed to be getting RCA level signals (barely enough to drive a small headphone). See the difference? That is why the Parrot is so much louder than the radio.

What you can do is pick up an LOC (aka Line level Converter) & connect it to the Parrot's speaker output wires. This will convert the signal back down to an RCA level with a pot for fine tuning, and give you the full usable volume control you desire. Then use a pair of cut RCAs & the sticky on here about adding an aftermarket deck to OEM amplifier. No longer a plug & play affair, but you will have exactly what you are after. The long rats nest of wires are also there so you dont have to stuff it all behind the oem radio, you can mount it in the center console or behind the glove box (depending on vehicle of course)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts