Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we might be doing a trail ride this sunday morning. Nothing too difficult, just a long meandering trail north of Phx. Have been looking forward to getting Clover (yeah, we named her...) off the pavement, and do some sightseeing. Will post pictures of the trip. If anyone interested, message me!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Looks like we might be doing a trail ride this sunday morning. Nothing too difficult, just a long meandering trail north of Phx. Have been looking forward to getting Clover (yeah, we named her...) off the pavement, and do some sightseeing. Will post pictures of the trip. If anyone interested, message me!
Sounds like fun. Post some Photos and a map. Next time I go out there I will cover that route. We ( Patty and I ) go there at least once a year. Patty's brother lives on the northern edge of the city. Nice area! There house borders a park. I have tried but failed to get Photo's of a road runner. I have some of the scroungy looking coyotes that followed us wile hiking. But no road runner.:mad:

Dom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. I will post photos of the trip, how well the Element ran the trail, and a map to get to it. I have done this trail one time before in our Xterra... so really looking forward to running it again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well it turned out to be a great run! Started off the I-17 Freeway about 30 minutes north of Phoenix, and finished in a town called Cave Creek! Arizona in winter is so beautiful. Suprised a Grey Fox, spotted a few Cardinals, and even ran into a couple Javelinas! Clover had no issues at all getting through this 30+ miles of state fire route. Scenery was beautiful, albeit a little overcast for AZ. Even climbed up a steep somewhat rocky and rutted trail with no problems. I am very impressed with the E. Here are some pictures for everyone to check out!

If it was raining hard, this would be a flowing river of water that would most likely be unpassable.

You can see the one lane trail in the background winding down the hill along the ridges.. at this point, the drop off to the left is roughly 1000 feet.

At the top of the hill climb

Parking off the trail in another wash area.. picking up Quartz rocks.

One of the few washes that were flowing still from rain on Thanksgiving

Clover, pretending to hide behind the tree

·
Registered
859 Posts
let me know if you do this again, my dad lives in tempe and im up there quite a bit. do you think a 2wd e could make it down that trail? ive had mine down some pretty rough roads and havent felt like it was at its limit but ive heard some fire roads are pretty hairy if you dont have 4wd.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honestly don't recall the AWD coming on during this trip. A passenger car could not make a few spots, but due to our raised undercarriage, I am sure your 2wheel will do just fine. I want to do another section of this ride in the near future. There is a turn off that runs to the Verde River, and supposedly the area has a few bald eagles nesting there in the winter months. So will definately let you know when we hit this trail, or any others in the area.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Cool pics Ultra.

I can't believe you still have flowing water from rain over a week ago. I was in Tuscon for the holiday and was so happy that it rained, all of my pictures have clouds in the backgrounds instead of just brown and blue.:wink:

·
Registered
859 Posts
sounds good. if you ever find yourself in the tucson area, i can reccomend a couple cool places.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are actually heading to Tuscan this weekend.. to Tombstone actually. But we are riding the motorcycles.. We should be getting snow on the tops of the mountains surrounding Phoenix Christmas day and the next.. snow level is going to drop to 3500'!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts