Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a lightbar type emergency light (for volunteer firefighter) across my roof, has anyone done this? If so, did you use the roof rack mounting holes? Where did you mount the switch inside? Anything else I should be on the look out for?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I did something similiar, I mounted a remote spotlight on the roof and the controls are dash mounted (actually I mounted the dash mounted controls in a project box from a local electronic store, mounted the box on a gooseneck and then screwed the gooseneck to the floor between the front seats. I can move it out of the way, or more IN the way when I need it). But I strung the cable past the door, up into the headliner and down to where I had already strung cable from a power cord for my ham radio. The power cord comes from the battery, beside the fender space, into the door space, under the rubber stuff around the door, at the bottom and has plugs for various items that I want on, or seperate from, the main electrical system for use at any time. They must be fused to be safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.