Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The installation instructions look scary, cutting your new E with a knife.
I would be concerned that the seats don't continue to rip where they were cut etc..

anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, ordered the armrest from HandA at $90 looked over the install paper and noticed they were written for both the ex and dx.Our ex already had existing cut and hole so it was a matter of using a new razor blade from a box cutter to enhance the opening for the new armrest bracket{2 small incisions}Mr Element J has detailed pics on this process,I can say that between him and the instructions you can do it!!My 2 Dads never took the time to let us dive in but at age 50 I am enjoying discovering the spirt of DYI and save the money on labor!!The E lets you do this....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Even though the directions say to cut the seat, you can install it without doing it! I did it. You just pull the seat material out of the way while you work. A bit tricky, but definitely doable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed the armrest in my EX and the small cuts are only quarter inch long. I alos tried first without cutting but the seat fabric started deforming!!

This fabric doesn't look like it is going to ripp.

Just do it>>>l

Nico

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I replaced the standard armrest with the larger one, I was able to do so as well without cutting. Squeezed the new bracket in there, and it worked just fine.

john

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with you all...I installed my armrest w/storage with ease.
Although, I did make 2 small cuts into my seat fabric just to make it easier to get that bracket in the hole. The armset casing covers the work anyway.
I love the difference it makes.
thanks,
FLUD

·
Registered
957 Posts
Remember folks, this is a factory option you're installing. If there's any problems with it it's covered by warranty.

Worst case scenario, your dealer asks who installed it - you tell them that they did and you can't believe that they don't have any record of it! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts