Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to the board here as I just found it this evening. My husband and I are new vehicle shopping and I am in love with the Element. I had overlooked it because of its initial boxy appearance, but when I saw the inside, I fell in love.

My husband is cautious of first generation vehicles and likes them to be around a few model years before he buys. I think I can talk him around this if the Consumer Reports and gvt. crash test ratings and results are good.

Anyone know when this info is going to be available?

Thanks in advance for any help.

bex

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bex,

The inside is what sold me too. I can't believe they don't have these things opened up and sitting on the showroom floor. If you can get people to look inside, they'll come away with a different opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bex, did you manage to find your way here from the Vortex as I have?
I have to admit, since my wife and I have just had our 1st little one the Element has really caught my eye.

If you are the same Bex from the Vortex, welcome!

-Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:00012b8136="Daveroo"]Bex, did you manage to find your way here from the Vortex as I have?
I have to admit, since my wife and I have just had our 1st little one the Element has really caught my eye.

If you are the same Bex from the Vortex, welcome!

-Dave[/quote:00012b8136]

:) How did you guess? My husband had me stopping at the Honda dealership to look at <gulp> minivans. We are expecting our second one in June and just figured out yesterday that both carseats won't fit in the back of my cherokee.

Not only does the element have the backseat space to put both carseats easily, but when the applejuice and goldfish make a paste on the floor...I can hose it out! :D I can't believe they don't market this to more parents. Seats and floors that don't stain???

I frankly just can't see myself spending $30k on a minivan and driving it for 10 years. I would rather get something that solves my immediate problem on carseat space, but that I like and will enjoy for many years. Besides, if I get a van, I'm going to have to offer to carpool.... :wink:

bex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bqbauer: Thanks for the link. I sent an email and got back an automated response:

Sir,
At this time NCAP has taken the policy of not telling consumers release dates
because it is difficult to gauge the weather, availability of the vehicles, qu
ality of data collected and etc. So, continue to bear with us, because we are
working diligently to provide the accurate information to the public.

Thank you, NCAP

And Dave, misunderstood you...not from the vortex, just a parent in similar mode of thinking.

bex

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ahhh ok Bex, well there is one thing in common then. :)
Over at the VWVortex forums there is a user with the same handle and I thought that you might be she.

Yes, all of a sudden the leather interior, carpeting and only two doors on my Golf are not so appealing since our little one came to stay.

I am in the proccess of getting hooked on the Element myself.

:lol:

-Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts