Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people on here say the newer style seats with the built in seat belts bother them if they are taller and the seatbelt mounting point above their shoulder is too low. Some prefer the seatbelt on the door since they can adjust the belt higher

Maybe someone who is good with 3D printing could make a plastic seat belt guide for the later model seats that would raise the seat belt higher

Something that could be secured under the two head rest rods. The plastic guide would have to have a couple of right angles on it and the loop would need an opening to pass the belt through it

I found a plastic one online for a Dodge to show an idea of what the loop would look like

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
We ran into this on a few MINI brand models too with much discussion on the topic for same reasons. For me my dislike is due to the lack of seat covers ....

As an auto crash investigaor I have one item of input/interest on this modification. In the event of an auto crash, seatbelt strap(s) constricts ( in some european brands it's an actual explosive device driving belt tight) and air bags can deploy. Anything between the occupant and the belt strap not designed to be there will be driven into their body with great force.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ran into this on a few MINI brand models too with much discussion on the topic for same reasons. For me my dislike is due to the lack of seat covers ....

As an auto crash investigaor I have one item of input/interest on this modification. In the event of an auto crash, seatbelt strap(s) constricts ( in some european brands it's an actual explosive device driving belt tight) and air bags can deploy. Anything between the occupant and the belt strap not designed to be there will be driven into their body with great force.....
that sounds bad

·
Registered
913 Posts
Am I the only one who tries to close thee door sometimes only to have the dang seatbelt get caught in the way? Would one of these guides prevent this?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I the only one who tries to close thee door sometimes only to have the dang seatbelt get caught in the way? Would one of these guides prevent this?
I am having that annoying and frustrating problem too. If the seatbelt itself retracted properly then it wouldnt be an issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts