·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Those are my wife's favorite cars from her youth. I kind of like this new version. Very cool in my book.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
To answer the question, "No." The A-bodies are the mullet of auto design. :razz:

·
Registered
13 Posts
First NEW vehicle I ever bought was a 1985 Trans Am and I do miss it...... I miss being 21 years old a little bit more though :razz:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Memory's, yes I do miss my 1970 Formula 400 Ram Air 4 speed.
Payed a whopping $1200 for it in 73.

The guy I got it from put in 4:11 gears and my guess is ran it a bit and heard some noise and thought something major might be wrong.
Yea something was wrong, the rear U joint.
15 bucks and back is business.

Drove the chicken through the high school years 73-75.
Everyday driver, ran it occasionally at the local strip and just had a ball with it.

With the 4:11s only used 3rd and 4th to drive around town.
Could let out the clutch in 3rd from a stop with out giving any gas no problem.

Top speed only 115 or so but did not take long to get there.
Well young and dumb and full of you know what I lost my license and sold it for 2k in 76.

Yea I do miss the bird.

Also miss the

71 GTO 4 speed
(2) 69 Z-28's
78 Z-28 (only new car I ever bought $6600)

The good old days;-)

The E and my 93 Accord project fit me now.
What the hell happened?:roll:

Thanks for the memory's................

·
Registered
662 Posts
Saw this today on MSN, pretty cool mod that you can buy, if you have $60K..... :shock: :-( :razz: :razz:

It looks a lot better than the new Camaro. GM obviously didn't ask for opinion from previous 69 owners like myself. The new one is cheap on looks and quality, but not price. It has major design flaws. Nice drive train, though, no where near as powerful as claimed. 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, you can't really use the real Firebird emblems...... :-( ;-) 8)

·
Registered
590 Posts
A little off topic, but we just traded the Mini Cooper in on a New Camaro RS, and boys, I am a very happy GM owner. With one exception. It's "HERS"....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
To answer the question, "No." The A-bodies are the mullet of auto design. :razz:
The F-Bodies too. The world was a much better place while the Firdbird and Camaro were NOT being made. They should've been left in the '80s with the mullet and pastels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.