Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the wife & I have our hearts set on a ridgeline.....I've found a heck of a deal, but I'm in NJ & the seller is in Stanwood, WA......any of you PNW guys in the area that can check out the Ridgie & report back to me?? PLEASE! trying to make this deal happen before the holidays.....or before it gets sold.....help, Pat

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please guys.....don't need to be a "car person" or mechanically inclined......just need the basics covered..... dents, scratches, interior condition, any puddles of oil or coolant underneath.....maybe a quick test drive, make sure the motor has no miss fires or hesitations, and that the transmission shifts normal with no slips...just the common sense stuff... willing to buy you lunch & fill your tank...... Pat

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C'mon Northwesters! Let's help Goosler out! Anyone further north than I am? (Plus, I don't know that much about cars in order to gauge it well!)
BIG THANKS!! go out to Junebug for taking time out of her life to scout the Ridgeline for me.......I can't express my gratitude enough Trina!!!

Hopefully this works out & I can take you to a well deserved Lunch or Dinner.....

Thanks again, I owe you one!! Pat

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
BIG THANKS!! go out to Junebug for taking time out of her life to scout the Ridgeline for me.......I can't express my gratitude enough Trina!!!

Hopefully this works out & I can take you to a well deserved Lunch or Dinner.....

Thanks again, I owe you one!! Pat
You're welcome! I hope it works out too. I'm hungry and waiting for that meal. :-D

See what the rest of you missed out on?!? Help a brother out! haha

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're welcome! I hope it works out too. I'm hungry and waiting for that meal. :-D

See what the rest of you missed out on?!? Help a brother out! haha
Junebug, the seller decided he'd rather sell it to the local Honda Used dept. then deal with a private sale...........:-(

But you have my word about the lunch/dinner.....next time I'm in the seattle area or you're in the north east..........:) Pat

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Junebug, the seller decided he'd rather sell it to the local Honda Used dept. then deal with a private sale...........:-(

But you have my word about the lunch/dinner.....next time I'm in the seattle area or you're in the north east..........:) Pat
Hey, it all worked out, and that's great for you! Keep an eye out for my Epic Road Trip 2010 thread in the next month or so ... I plan to try and meet up with some of you NE folks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Missed this post...

I'm minutes from Stanwood and shop over there regularly in the winters.

In today buyers market I'm wondering why you would even consider buying a rig clear across country from your location...

BTW....the local Honda dealer here is the highest priced sob in Washington state, Sims Honda. Stay clear of those guys.

The best deals on Honda vehicles in western Washington is Seattle Honda, Ryan Jupiter, the owner is a great guy to deal with.

3k less on my last Honda than Sims wanted for the exact same rig.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alaskan, I hear ya on the values..... but here in NJ a ridgeline in the condition/options/mileage that I was looking for fetches $17k+ with a private sale, $20k+ at a local dealer.......(and there are not many used ones around) this Washington deal was a $14k- due to the seller getting a divorce......trust me I was NOT looking forward to the drive home......

A few weeks after this deal fell through, I bought my ridgeline from a dealer outside Dallas, TX for $13.6k out the door, with more options than I had hoped for, as well as a bunch of OEM accessories already added.....dealer also added a new battery, new tires, new front pads & a complete fluid change to sweeten the deal......... I'd say I made quite the killing, even with a 1455 mile drive home, which only took me 20 hrs......... Pat

Junebug, I'm looking forward to the crazy roadtrip thread!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts