Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious since this vehicle is supposedly coming out this spring has anyone put money down for the first ones to come in. My local dealer has written up and order for me and has requested a $500 deposit. Fully refundable shoud I change my mind. I want to make sure when they do start coming in that I am first on the bandwagon.
:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, there are a number of posts on this subject that say that the AWD 5-speed will not be offered this year...don't put that money down yet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
KEY POINT #1: Element. 4WD models with manual transmission are not available on this allocation. The introduction of this variant is planned for next months allocation (May production/arrival).

This is from the Honda IN system that was sent to every dealer today. We should start seeing this model in May.

If anyone wants to order one the line starts here! :wink: :wink: Just joking

But seriously if there is anything I can do for anyone please let me know.

I will post picture of my fully accessorized DX later today or first of next week..

JShy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got an e-mail from Honda today and our next ordering opportunity, next week, we can finally order them for May production. May production units should show up at the store anywhere from mid-may to early June. I am in New England and this could vary in other parts of the country. If you have any questions or would like me to order one for you let me know.

Also available to order on this allocation for the first time will be EX models with side airbags.

JEFF

·
Registered
74 Posts
Why in the world did my dealer tell me that if they start production in may the units would not show up at any dealerships until about 6 months later. Any dealers that could answer that question. It's not like I'm buying one off the lot anyway. I was already planing on ordering one. I'm gonna be pissed if they start showing up in May. I think they might have realized that I will be going home for the summer in early May and decided I would probably not be around to purchase from them in May or June and I would buy one back home instead. Does this sound right to anyone (especially dealers opinions please)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cannot explain what the dealer told you. What is happening is that they are starting to build them in May which is about what Honda has been telling us right along. Once the vehicle is built it takes about 2 weeks for it to arrive at the store.

Jeff

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is exactly what my dealer has been telling me. Actually he isn't a dealer as much as he is the Internet manager. I have gotten more information from him than anyone. I can trust him because he says he really makes no commission off the sale since that is not his primary job.
He researches all day on the computer and puts orders in for cars......that's the guy I trust.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my element. But the dealer told me that there will not be an AWD 5spd. I love manuals too much to go for the auto AWD. I would have waited for the 5 speed AWD. Dealer would still have sold me an E, just would have been cpl of months later. Those Lying BASTARDS....

Nate

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote:46f9915cd8="Mfpar35"]Why in the world did my dealer tell me that if they start production in may the units would not show up at any dealerships until about 6 months later. Any dealers that could answer that question. It's not like I'm buying one off the lot anyway. I was already planing on ordering one. I'm gonna be pissed if they start showing up in May. I think they might have realized that I will be going home for the summer in early May and decided I would probably not be around to purchase from them in May or June and I would buy one back home instead. Does this sound right to anyone (especially dealers opinions please)?[/quote:46f9915cd8]

The time from "allocation" to "production" to actual delivery is about 8 weeks, give or take a fwe days and where you live. Obviously the closer you are to Ohio, the sooner after production your E will arrive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The time from "allocation" to "production" to actual delivery is about 8 weeks, give or take a fwe days and where you live. Obviously the closer you are to Ohio, the sooner after production your E will arrive.
I am in NW Arkansas. I don't think that's really six months from OHIO :? :x :cry: :?:
I am so confused with all of this. I really want an AWD manual, but I can't get a straight answer on this. Not even a price?? but hey I guess thats because really they're not coming out with a manual AWD anytime soon. Maybe my dealer was being honest and everyone else's dealer is feeding them a load. Who knows? NO REALLY WHO KNOWS :?: :?:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to at least wait till May. If you really want the EX AWD 5 spd manual then just hang in there ( like me ). That is when they are supposed to go into production. If you don't hear anything by the beginning of May when you can expect to take delivery of the 5 spd EX AWD then I honestly think you need to consider whether you want to put money into something that really doesn't make you happy ( i.e. the automatic tranny ).
Personally I have already gone through this. I have test driven the automatic 3 times and nice as it is I feel it is not right for me personally. I just love a manual. I need a new vehicle relatively soon so if I don't get a definite answer by the beginning of May chances are I will not get a Honda Element at all and search for something else altogether. I would just have to get my $500 deposit back from the Honda dealer. Lets hope for the best. I am holding out till then and won't be swayed into getting what I don't want. If someone is willing to take a deposit on one and is going to put an order in now for you I would suggest you do it. If you are worried about getting your money back insist that they put in writing that it is fully refundable to you at your request. If they want your business and are honest they should be willing to do this. Mine was.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am talking to another dealer in KC now (Jay Wolfe), and my salesman told me he has ordered a 5spd AWD and it will arive in mid-June. I can't imagine him ordering one if he didn't think it was coming in June. I'm gonna give him a chance to qoute me a good price and go from there! I hate to wait, but I also hate not getting the skylight and AWD. We'll see :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
THE 4WD 5SP IS IN HOUSTON!! I HAVE ALREADY SOLD AND DELIVERED 6 THIS MONTH. THEY ARE HARD TO GET. A LOT OF DEALERS DO NOT WANT TO ORDER THEM BECAUSE THEY THINK THERE IS NO MARKET FOR THEM. I MYSELF OWN ONE. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW. I AM KNOWN AS THE ELEMENT QUEEN OF MY DEALERSHIP :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
[quote:83f74eac08="robyn5050"]THE 4WD 5SP IS IN HOUSTON!! I HAVE ALREADY SOLD AND DELIVERED 6 THIS MONTH. THEY ARE HARD TO GET. A LOT OF DEALERS DO NOT WANT TO ORDER THEM BECAUSE THEY THINK THERE IS NO MARKET FOR THEM. I MYSELF OWN ONE. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW. I AM KNOWN AS THE ELEMENT QUEEN OF MY DEALERSHIP :D[/quote:83f74eac08]

I think you must have the wrong vehicle in mind. I can't imagine that your dealership is the only one in the country to already have 4WD 5spd's in stock. Are you sure you're not talking about 2WD 5 spd's?

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D NO, I am not mistaken I own and am driving a 4wd ex 5spd. They have been at my dealership for this whole month now. Wait until you get them in, they are awesome!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote:0f5484cea6="robyn5050"]:D NO, I am not mistaken I own and am driving a 4wd ex 5spd. They have been at my dealership for this whole month now. Wait until you get them in, they are awesome!![/quote:0f5484cea6]

Way to go Houston. We East Coasters have to wait a bit longer. Sigh

LittleDogBox
Arlington,Va.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts