Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you HEOC members play music? If so what instrument and what kind of music.

As for me, I "try" to play guitar and sing. I can also play a little uke.

Definitely can't play lead, but I do my best to keep up playing rhythm.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I attempted a few times to try to play the guitar and I play the radio, cds, and mp3s all the time :-D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Piano

Played the Hammond Organ in a Rock Band. Had a reunion of all six original members a few years ago..."Got the band back together" for a while....it was great! Oh yeah....did I mention when I played in this band? In the SIXTIES! That would explain why I am old.

Still have a Hammond.....and two pianos. It's always been cars and music for me.

By the way.....any piano players out there know who Mike Finnigan is? He's the most phenomenal B-3 player in the world. He's currently playing the Hammond with and lending his vocal skills to Joe ------uh------last name rhymes with Docker. Many years ago he lived in Kansas....I was privileged and honored to take some piano lessons from him in 1965....learned things that I still use and practice today. Mike has a website...check him out!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Play guitar in a band. The "E" comes in useful to carry all the cr*p I bring to each gig.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have any of you guys posted your music on youtube or have web sites where I can check out your bands?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Downbeats

The only video footage I have is from the '60's when we appeared on The All American College Show from Hollywood in October of 1968. We were able to obtain this video in 2001....after almost giving up on finding it. If you google - The Downbeats On the All American College Show you tube - I believe you'll find it. I wish we had video of us later on...into the '70's, but we do not.

Looking back, it's a little corny....but what's great is that all six of us are now in our sixties....alive and well.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The only video footage I have is from the '60's when we appeared on The All American College Show from Hollywood in October of 1968. We were able to obtain this video in 2001....after almost giving up on finding it. If you google - The Downbeats On the All American College Show you tube - I believe you'll find it. I wish we had video of us later on...into the '70's, but we do not.

Looking back, it's a little corny....but what's great is that all six of us are now in our sixties....alive and well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N3FDtpOOLE

you could do Sesame Street with that song...lol
(joking)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Finnigan

Hey....anyone wanting to see Mike Finnigan in action....google this.... funky momma, zen blues quartet you tube

This is Mike Finnigan folks! Man oh man oh man oh man!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nice stuff wickster, I especially liked your cover of Glory Days. Where did you guys do your recording?
A studio here in the milwaukee area. We're happy with our demo, although we think its a little to glitzy for our tastes. But, thats what our management wanted. We are definately a "live" band vs a studio band

1 - 15 of 15 Posts