Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a new Element. Are there any Element owners here who wish they hadn't bought the Element?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I enjoy my E a lot but the only thing that makes me wish I wouldn't have bought it is my local Honda dealerships are all owned by Penske Auto Group and the service departments SUCK, its always such a big hassle and I always have to take it back twice if something needs fixed because they keep barely any parts in stock. Others say their dealerships are great, so I would research how your local Honda dealerships are before buying unless your buying one out of warranty.
Steve

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
No f'n way
Stop wafflen and go buy one, or two for that matter

114k miles and lovin it as much as the day I pulled off the lot, actually more since I found this website and the wierdos here (kinda like family)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
4+ years, 107,000 miles. Never one day have I regretted the purchase.:cool:

Some have.:-(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Almost 41k miles, the only regret is not having the dealer replace the OEM tires when I bought it. Other than that couldn't be happier!:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm guess'n there are plenty of tails, but no tales of regret. I just keep finding more fun and interesting things to do to, in and with the E.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Regret? No.

Have I fallen out of love with the Element? Yes, and depending upon how my finances shake out, I'll be driving a Ford Fiesta next year when they're released in North America.

My thoughts-The Element is a brilliant little car that's incredibly useful. The clutch in mine is not so brilliant, and truth be told, the quirky clutch that I still get jerky shifts with after 55,000 miles has been enough to make driving my Element a less-than exciting experience. Besides that, although I get really good mileage out of my E compared to many owners, I'm really interested in something that does better than 27 mpg. When I bought the E, I was doing a lot of mountain-biking and stuff, so it was great, but now that I do much more road-riding (present leg injury notwithstanding), I figure a small car with a good roof rack should suffice for my needs.

Basically, the E was the perfect car for me and my lifestyle when I bought it, but the Universe has changed in the last three years. And, I hate the clutch, and hating something so integral to the driving experience has left me cold toward the E.

And, now that Ford's got some really sexy and well-built cars on the road now and coming down the pipeline, well, it wouldn't hurt to be able to drive a Ford to work at Ford World Headquarters every day rather than a Honda. Having driven all the new Ford products, as well as the forthcoming Fiesta, I have to say that I'm really impressed by them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ramblerdan makes a good point...

With 30k+ miles since Dec 23rd (just over 8 months), my E has done everything in spades. Most of those miles are a commute across Houston and the only remote negative I can come up with is the harsher ride. But since I am comparing it to 30 years of commuting in Accords, it shouldn't ride the same anyway...completely different size and platform of vehicle.

In other words, the much higher level of versatility and utility far outweigh any very small sacrifice made in ride of a midsize sedan. One thing I really like about this vehicle: It is what it is without apology...and it doesn't need to make one.

Now go get it, take pics, and share in the experience!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not had mine long....

Only had it less than a month. Regret? No! It has already been very versatile and useful for me. I like the way my SC rides and handles.

The only thing for me is the mileage. While it is not "BAD", it is not good. I only say this because I've driven Honda Civics for the last 17 years. I had a '92 VX that AVERAGED 48 MPG over 165,000 miles. Then a '00 EX Sedan that averaged 38+ over 254,000 miles. So the low/mid 20's are taking a little getting used to. But, I can, and do, tote much more stuff than I ever could in either of the Civics. It is a matter of trade off. A trade that I was willing to make.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have had stupid little things come up, but mainly Im on my 4th clutch master cylinder, they squeak like crazy for me, but I also slam my clutch pedal down hard, its habbit from having to shift a stage 4 clutch in my camaro, I just cant break the habbit. Other than that, its just squeaks and rattles, I hate them, so I make the dealer fix them, also had a window switch quit working and my wheels became coroded after one winter, but in ohio we poubd salt on the roads.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No regrets!

Love mine more and more each day!

·
Registered
872 Posts
well the dealer hear sucks, love the E, but nothing but bad luck since we bought it. probly the worst summer of my life.was it the E? on the third day the stereo was stolen.just keeps going down hill fast one thing after another.was it cursed? dead trans in bug,dead moter in bug,dead phone,dead frend,dead fridge,$142 ticket to the policemens ball/bonus party,and on and on and on......:-:)?:.:confused::?::x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love mine, the mileage is something I'm going to have to get use to but I did drive a VW TDi Golf for the last 6 yrs and got any where from 42 to 60 mpg...wish mine wasn't auto...and wish I was the only owner not the second...other than that LOVE IT!!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts