Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Front Bumper remove

I want to do the HD grill mod, has anyone taken the front bumper off yet for the 2010 EX? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking to do the HD grill mod. I suppose the 09 and 10 are the same. Installed grill from the top and what a pain,need to take the bumper off and make it a little neater. Got all the bottom clips,bolts and screws off,got the top piece off but dont want to force anything and break my new E. Looked at the 2008 specs but 2010 is different. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I removed all those so I guess I have to pull in the right place. Will give it another try tomorrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Richard,

I did the Home Depot (well, actually Lowes) modification today.

I'm not sure what type of material that you are looking for, but if you are thinking about the black plastic mesh, you can gently bend the mesh and insert it into the grill opening. Then, simply attach with zip ties.

If you are looking to install the metal mesh, then I believe you will have to remove the front fender. I believe if you do a search, there is a member who removed a 2009 front bumper and installed the metal mesh. None the less, even if you find bumper instructions for, say a 2008, I would think that the mounting points, and the fitting used, would be similar to the 2009+, even though the bumpers are different.

I hope this helps,
Andrew

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry about that.

I just read the other thread that you posted. Please disregard my comments.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I installed the metal mesh and did not have to remove my bumper. If you work with it just right you can fit it down in there after you remove the top cover under the hood and it will fit right down in there. After that, with the help of some needle nose pliers and zip ties, it fits in perfectly!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your help. I did get the metal grill in place from the top but I am still having trouble getting it just right. I am a little picky OK very picky and still want to remove the bumper so I can have the zip ties as neat as possible. Removed all the right fasteners but the bumper does not want to come off easy and dont want to break anything. Anybody with any tips would be great.

·
Registered
284 Posts
First, just making sure you know the front bumper is actually pretty much the whole front end of the vehicle, with fastenings across the top, in the wheel wells, across the bottom, and a few spots in-between. It was intimidating but actually pretty easy on my 'real' E (with plastic bumpers); not sure how it'll go for you up-scale types with fancy painted parts.

Second, the boring-but-true: get a repair manual and many of these things can be much easier.

Third, it's good to be particular about your ride! Keep that attitude, and your E will serve you well and long.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I do know its the whole front end.I did take off all the screws,bolts, and clips according to the instructons for the 2009 fog light kit but it did want to move . It seems like there are more fasteners holding it. Need to find the manual for sure.
Installed it from the top instead.Redid it today with smaller zip ties and was a lot easier.
Would have liked them to have kept the plastic fenders too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only reason I did that was to add the 2009 in my thread. Also I tried to remove the first one but dont see how. Thanks

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
The only reason I did that was to add the 2009 in my thread. Also I tried to remove the first one but dont see how. Thanks
You are unable to delete threads.

All you needed to do was add a post in the first thread you created adding that bit to it. Or post something in the thread asking us to change the thread title, you could have also sent a PM or email to any Mod or Admin asking to have the title changed. These are things that are done all the time.

Thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats great info. As you can see I am new to this. Thanks for your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts