Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 honda elelemnt has the normal wear on the drivers seat. Has anyone spent the money buying new covers from honda and replaced them. All my other seats are in great shape but the drivers seat is a real eyesore. I have an ex with side air bags and have been able to locate the foam and covers from honda parts suppliers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My 03 honda elelemnt has the normal wear on the drivers seat. Has anyone spent the money buying new covers from honda and replaced them. All my other seats are in great shape but the drivers seat is a real eyesore. I have an ex with side air bags and have been able to locate the foam and covers from honda parts suppliers.
Hello ChrisDx3 and Welcome to the EOC! I replaced my drivers side last year with a brand new OEM cover. Expensive, but for me, worth it. I think I paid around $325.00 for the cover. It was easy to rationalize. All the other covers were pristine and I have no intention of ever getting rid of this car. I want it to look nice 'till the end. I've got 171,000 after 13 years and I hope to get many more years of enjoyment driving this unique vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
I've been looking to do the same and have found Amazon to have best price on the OEM foam underneath, but have not really searched for the cover, yet. Like you said, OEM is spendy, but, I look at 160K+ and still going strong (ish), I think OEM is the way to go. What type of prices have you found? :unsure: :)

Reactions: ChrisDx3

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've been looking to do the same and have found Amazon to have best price on the OEM foam underneath, but have not really searched for the cover, yet. Like you said, OEM is spendy, but, I look at 160K+ and still going strong (ish), I think OEM is the way to go. What type of prices have you found? :unsure: :)
Strong (ish)? I hope it's nothing serious:) I would imagine Alaska can be pretty hard on a vehicle. OEM stuff is SO expensive. Might wanna talk to an upholstery person. They might be able to fluff it up so to speak.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just commented on this on a similar thread. I considered buying the whole seat cushion cover but instead had the seat bottom reupholstered for about $150. Something to consider is I have had the seat reupholstered twice in the last 100k, I think there is some kind of defect in that seat cushion as this is a common problem on Elements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts