Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some wheels that I like but they are a +35 offset. I know I could run a spacer if the tires rubbed & that is an option. I am thinking a 245/55/17 tire would be the widest tire that I could go with.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have +35 on me, but in 18's. stock is +45. the lower the +number the more they stick out. you can't put spacers as that will make them stick out more.

I have 255 55 18 tires on there and they rub from the offset, but this tire is too wide and too tall. it will not rub if i ran 235 50 18 or 225 55 18.

it rubs on the outer lip of all 4 fenders on occasion.

hope that helps

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What is the width of the wheel? Most likely it will fit with no spacers but just to make sure.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have +35 on me, but in 18's. stock is +45. the lower the +number the more they stick out. you can't put spacers as that will make them stick out more.

I have 255 55 18 tires on there and they rub from the offset, but this tire is too wide and too tall. it will not rub if i ran 235 50 18 or 225 55 18.

it rubs on the outer lip of all 4 fenders on occasion.

hope that helps
Do'h I know that, I have been looking at wheels alot & all it has run together. Thanks for pointing out my retardation. When I went to post this I was wondering if they would stick out too far lol.
The wheels are 17x8.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
those wheels would look awesome. Im sorry i dont know anything about the offset. I just know on my new wheels (15x8, -19 offset) they stick out about 2 inches from the car. and i had to use an 8mm spacer on the fronts, but its mostly from the -19 offset.. my other wheels were +55 stock 2004 TSX wheels, 17x7 and they didnt stick out at all.

I would just imagine that they would stick out maybe 0.5-1 inch..but dont quote me on that..i really dont know

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
man those look nice.

here's what they look like
thanks to Electic707 for pic

yes it rubs with those huge fender gaps

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pic. It looks like the front sticks out past the lip of the fender. Does it or does the angle of the pic just look that way?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
all 4 does, the rear very little. the front noticable, maybe 1/2"

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thanks for that info. I would have been upset to have bought those wheels & then found out that they stuck out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a pic I found of KVN's E with 18x8.5 +35 also & his does not seem to be sticking out as bad. So all things being equal to your wheels rymo926 the 17x8s that I am looking at would only stick out .25ins.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
only would matter if your dropping it low.then you will defintely rub.38 et are probably the limit with a drop.stock is 45et.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
those are the same spec for my rims, but maybe he doesnt have 255's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts