Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say this commericial is great! It's of a guy swinging across a lake on a vine and accidentally slamming into the side of his new Saturn Vue. Ouch! It was well done. I wish our Elements could hold up to even much less than that. From what I have been hearing some people have been getting dings right and left. Also just by shutting your own rear hatch or pressing to hard with your fingers on the hood I have heard of people getting some nasty dents this way too. THAT IS JUST PITIFUL :roll:
Evidently Saturn has panels that resist damage. That would have been a wonderful idea for the Element considering it's shape.

I have to say I have been treating my E just like a porcelain doll. I am afraid to park it places, I have to warn others to be careful where they press on it for fear of getting a dent. It's pretty bad if you can't even shut you own hatch without pressing in a specific place.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The commercial didn't show anyone hitting the hood or roof of the Saturn Vue because they're not made of plastic like the side panels. The plastic panels have big gaps around them to allow for heat expansion which IMO make them look rough. Yes the "E" has thin sheet metal, yes I'm careful where I park mine. Someone has already opened a door on it. :( Over the life of the vehicle I'm sure it will happen again.Quess I'll take the advice of thr Eagles and "Get Over It". I took a long look at the Vue and decided to get an "E".
BTW as fall approaches be aware that those front doors catch a Lot of wind and can be pulled from you hand in a hurry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts