Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, if I see an Element that looks a little different I feel compelled to photograph it and post it for all the world to see. I'm pretty simple like that.

Sorry that it is so big, I just got a new laptop and it is sans Photoshop and I have no idea how to use iPhoto or much of anything "i" yet.

So here is another one...

·
Registered
557 Posts
You can buy those wheel covers on Ebay for the Steelies now. Not sure if I like them. They make cars looks space age-y.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice find.

But I have to say, If this is not your element, I would black out the license plate number.

Just courtesy since I'm sure the owner would not find it fun to have his license plate number advertised online.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
You can buy those wheel covers on Ebay for the Steelies now. Not sure if I like them. They make cars looks space age-y.
Not only that but they're being tooted as a way to increase your gas mileage. Figure up how much you save in gas and they'll pay for themselves in about 400,000 miles.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only that but they're being tooted as a way to increase your gas mileage. Figure up how much you save in gas and they'll pay for themselves in about 400,000 miles.
Are you serious?

I just thought it was a way to make your car look old school. It's quite a statement to be putting them on a box, that's for sure.

I'll fix dude's license plate when I get home, but I never understood the point of it. Since I don't know him and all. Don't want to get whopped on the head with one of his rims.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think the idea is to make it look old. The only way to get mileage increase out of the wheel wells in any way it to partially or fully cover the wheel wells. I've seen people do it all the time with black plastic trash can lids. It's just as hideous as it sounds.

Figure up how much you save in gas and they'll pay for themselves in about 400,000 miles.
Watch him drive 400,000 miles and save so much money that he buys a Ferrari in a trade in... your face will be so red... you'll wish you bought the wheel covers.:)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hey! I didn't say I agreed with it. On the other hand, when I was younger and had the body of an olympic athlete (sigh...) I used to run recumbent bikes with partial fairings and covered wheels. Covering all the spokes on those wheels had a definite effect on air resistance all rightee and it gave me a lot better understanding of how to work with air as a fluid.

I wish I could still ride. I see recumbents all over the place now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll fix dude's license plate when I get home, but I never understood the point of it.
I agree. I don't get it either. Can someone explain the whole blacking out the license plate thing? Anyone anywhere he parks his E can see his plates. Anyone on the highway or roads he travels can see his plates. But if his plates appear on some car forum, someone will use them for some nefarious undertaking or something?

As for the wheel covers, they look be easy to clean!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I fixed his plates.

I did not think about cleaning them but I bet it's easy. Looks like you could use an SOS pad on them. I suppose no brake dust either?
Maybe he got the rims to offset the lost mileage due to the giant roof rack thingy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts