Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOL! I couldn't find a price though and at 7'4" high it wouldn't fit in my garage.
It said they start at $16,000. But there are tons of add ons you just HAVE to have. Lol. I could see spending a lot more.

I don't have a place to store one either. Someday!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's pretty cool! Reminds me of the Scamp. You can get used Scamps for quite a bit cheaper. :D

Here's a random scamp from Google images:

·
Registered
777 Posts
This 'company' (it's actually just 2 guys) is in Los Angeles, 20 min from my house... I'll check it out and ask anything specific if you want...
You can find more info if you yelp them.
Online it says their fleet (of 4) are vintage campers. The one advertised for sale is a prototype and they haven't sold any yet...

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I'm anxious to learn more about the happy camper but that website is driving me crazy. Too many buttons to click and a slow-loading video. Whatever happened to simple menus?

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is pretty sweet even at that price. New Scamps & Trilliums are about the same without the rear entry. Nice find.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry <coachmde>. Yikes.
Geez there's some grumpy people on this site huh?

I didn't have trouble getting it to load. I was looking on both a tablet and a laptop. Sure it wasn't your connection?

It was a VERY in depth website...a lot to look at. I think they could simplify it a bit. Maybe respond to Alan/elefante...he offered to get more info.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i dont' think i've ever wanted anythign as much as i want this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont' think i've ever wanted anythign as much as i want this.
I really kind of want it too...I love the custom configurations. Still loving my ecamper for now but someday I'm not going to feel like climbing up into it anymore. This is my future!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I might consider renting a trailer, but I wouldn't pay that much for something that I wouldn't use frequently enough to pay for itself.

16k could buy many tents, motel stays and some vacation tours.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I've recently encountered more campgrounds (California, Alberta, and BC) where campers are required to be inside "hard-walled" units -- in bear country. Maybe it's liability, maybe just the result of bad experiences. I've also seen this requirement in postings for some CA State Park campground host jobs. That would be one reason to pursue a solution such as the one offered by this company. You also see the term "self-contained" in a lot of RV parks and some campgrounds.

Yes, their price is high. But they seem to be built with a lot of thought for usefulness. Probably more suitable for long-term serious use than for the occasional weekend jaunt camper.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Rear entry is what makes the difference. I like the modular design, but if you just have to stack an interior somewhere to use it as a utility trailer, then it's really just for people with massive garages. Too bad the interior doesn't flat pack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts