Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be hopefully purchasing an Element sometime in the near future. I have found that 2007, 2008 models are going for almost the same price as 2009s. I have seen the group recommending to offer $3k less than the asking price. I have also seen the same 2008 year old model trade in value being $4k less than the dealer asking price for a new model. These quotes are from Kelly Blue Book. My question is to those folks that traded in their Elements. Was the price you were offered (2007, 2008 models) around $4k less than a new model?

Mr Bill

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did not expect many replies since the model is but 7 years old. I always wonder what the dealers are smoking when they put 1,2 and now almost 3 year old used Element sale prices within $1k of a 2009. I mean it is nice that Honda's retain their value (if you already own one) but it sucks when you are in my shoes and are considering buying a used vehicle.

So until I get employed the money I have stashed away will stay in my saving's account.

Mr Bill5

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a typical example of an ad I run into.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/ho...ype=used&model=element&make=honda&distance=50

In case it does not load right, 2008 Element SC,rootbeer, 19.5k miles,the dealer is asking $23.5K.
Another example is for a 2008 atomic blue EX. 28.5k miles, dealer is asking $20k. So if I really wanted either of these vehicles the best I could do is $3k less than asking price???

MrBill5

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was an orange 2003 E, 97,000 miles for sale at a local used car lot 1/2 mile away.
Can't vouch for the mechanicals but the exterior was clean.
They were asking $10,500. It is no longer on the lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.