Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friends forester was lower then it was suppose to be and he went out and bought some spacers for his springs. seems to be the thing to do if you have a forester. I was saying the other day that I wanted to raise my ride height with something that I could remove easily when I bring my car into honda.

so I was wondering if anyone on here had done this?

ive searched on here and cant find any postings about it so yeah.

anything?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yea, I used the allum. Twist in. Used 2 per side, raise it like 1/2". Then went to 4 per and a little less than 1". The rear was really stiff. Only the compliance coils were working. Good for about 1 year then they started squeeking loud. Went back to stock. That and they don't stay in place and bunch up to 1 side, Which is weird since you have to raise the car to even twist them in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Spring Spacers

I thought about the same thing. I want to raise my E. Some taller tires will help, but I want a little more ground clearance. There's a thread on here somewhere where a guy raised his E, but it was pretty involved. I thought the spring spacers would be pretty easy to do. Maybe that's just it-it's too easy. Where does your friend get the spacers for his Forester? Maybe one of us should try that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea, I used the allum. Twist in. Used 2 per side, raise it like 1/2". Then went to 4 per and a little less than 1". The rear was really stiff. Only the compliance coils were working. Good for about 1 year then they started squeeking loud. Went back to stock. That and they don't stay in place and bunch up to 1 side, Which is weird since you have to raise the car to even twist them in.
Where did you get the spacers from? What did you do-just jack the car up? I didn't notice-are you using larger tires?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think amazon. Just search "twist-in spring"

Just jack the car up to extend the spring. Take a rachet with extension and twist them in. Lower car.

I only did the rear since I was going for the hot rod look and to rotate the car better.

·
Registered
593 Posts
spring spacers

I used some hard rubber spacers (I think they called them boosters), for the rear of my E, for carry a motorcycle off the back. Worked pretty well raised it about 1/2 inch. Did make the rearend stiff. When I did the "lift" I left them in for a couple months, but eventually pulled them out since the rearend became stiffer with the alum spacers.
Lift raised my E about 2-2.5 inches.
Josh

·
Registered
873 Posts
it makes a defrence where you put them in at.there are also rubber inserts looks like an "H" .then theres the ones that are rubber and go all the way around the spring(like the H style but long&in a circle)I used the long ones in the middle of the spring of my montaro for hauling my camper. dosent make it any harder under normal driving .just stiffens up the spring when loaded.(raised about 1.5"when loaded.(wish I had removed them when I traded for my E) try auto zone.most auto parts stores have them.wallyworld had them at one time,might still have them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my roommate got the H type ones at an O'Rielys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts