Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some new tires and have heard great things about these tires, I'm wanting an aggressive tread design, but a less expensive than the BFG AT, plus I can't find anyone in my area that sells the 225/70/16's. Tell me what you think. Discount tire has these for 396 out the door with instant online coupon and free shipping. Would love to see a pic on your element if you have them on there too! Thanks, I love this place!

Here is the link to discount tire:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=10810&counter=6&ar=70&rd=16&sw=false&cs=225

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
subscribed.

I have read a lot of reviews on this tire on other forums but I too would like to hear what element owners think of it.

This tire has an outstanding mileage warranty and it looks sharp as well. The reviews I have read have all been very positive for on and off road traction, comfort and life. I am more and more impressed with Hankook every time they put a new products out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had them for a few thousand miles now. I wanted a more aggressive look and I got that with these. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. The only con is that they are much louder than I would have thought since many reviews said "no road noise". There is a pretty good whine around 40 mph, they get quieter above 60. If you're expecting a "quiet" like most highway all season type tires you'll be disappointed. They may be quiet compared to other all terrain tires, but I have no experience with any other tires of that type.

They do look good though, and if you want an all-terrain tire they are probably pretty tough to beat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would love to see a pic if you have them. I ordered them this morning! really looking forward to seeing them on the vehicle. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
155 Posts
anyone have any indication as to tread life on the han****s?

50k is nice, but i have 80k on my michelin ltx-ms now. will be repacing them soon, but although i don't really want to spend $800 on tires, 80-90k is worth it for me not to have to buy more often and put more rubber in a landfill.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jay, I know its only been a few days , but how bout a few pics, and reports!?! I'm looking at the same tire.
My old tires have lasted over 90K miles . I'm wondering if this is just a function of driving habits or what. Some reviews of the Hankooks ,although in larger sizes, seem to be good but not great. Thanks, Dean

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i love the tires, no rubbing, they look amazing and I can only tell a small increase of noise. When I figure out how to post a pic I'll try. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
575 Posts
+1 for pics. I would love to see how they look installed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jay, click on the " [IMG} " link at the bottome of the page, itr gives you a short description on posting pics. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or has an easier way to post pics.
1. take a few pics, different angles with camera set to a res around 640 x 480 so the file size is not too big
2. upload to your desk top folder, ( or whatever)
3. go on line and upload the pic to a file hosting site like webshots or flickr
4. copy and past the link of your pic from the host to a reply here and add the
after. check by viewing the preview.
5. Enjoy the effects of millions of Element owners admiring your car!!!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have them on my Element but I do have a set of six Hankook tires on my Ford F-350 dually which, at times, tows a gooseneck horse trailer and a 26' boat. I do a lot of driving an have found the Hankooks to be quiet and long lasting. I have had no problems at all with them. I wish I could say that for the F-350 itself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had mine installed today, look great and ride nice! Paid $107.00 per tire including intsall/balance/air nozzle at Mr Tire. Thanks for all the info.
They checked the alignment for free also, and told me what I already knew. The rear camber is off, and will cause inside wear on the tires. Elements ship with this non adjustable offset. Its only $500-$600 to put in the after market adjustable parts! Guess it can be done cheaper, but you get the idea. I posted about this last year and cant find the thread but it had lots of replies. Now I notice every E out there has this problem, Just look at any E from the back and the wheels tilt in at the top. Still, I love my Element!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts