Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the very happy owner (since March 8th, 2003) of a Sunset Orange Pearl, Honda Element EX. While I myself have not experienced any body panel discoloration (this is a Southern CA vehicle) it was suggested to me that when scratches or slight road pitting on the plastic body panels occurs, try using KIWI paste type, clear shoe polish, applied as you would regular car wax, it will or should "cover-up" and perhaps prevent further discoloration. As well, it will NOT leave that dried white powdery residue that auto wax leaves behind. It should also leave behind a "wax" coating preventing water spots and making it easier to remove road film and oils, as when tire shine products "spin-off" onto the plastic panels. I have not tried this myself, but would be interested in the results if anyone out there does feel the need to try it out!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Noooo - you try that first!

shoe polish?!

Let me know how that works out if you give it a go!
toothpaste, ketchup- whats next!

·
Registered
36 Posts
HEY MAYBE EVEN A LIGHTER TO THE PANELS! OOOOH OUCH :idea: . SO, YEAH I SECOND DESIGNGUY ON THAT ONE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hhmmm, a lighter >> shoulder shrug << Where does that come into play here? When the idea of CLEAR POLISH (in the small round can) was told to me it sounded like perhaps it might be a solution to many peoples problems concerning the scratched and discolored body panels... I guess not.

·
Advertiser/Technical Writer
153 Posts
Forever Black would be my recomendation. It's been used for sometime to help some of the older cars with all of the rubber/plastic side moldings and such.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts