Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the dealer today and they have one 07' and talked with parts about changing the front bumpers out. He searched and it looks (%95) like they will switch out.

Here are some pics and I already ordered the new 07' bumper today.

I will let you know how the install goes and get some real pics of the update.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Are you talking about the entire front panel or just the upper grille?
As far as I can tell, only the upper grille has changed in design.
Now, yes the SC front bumper panel is entirely different but it's only available (I believe) in 2 existing line-up colors and the lower edge is painted, unlike the rest of the EXP panels and of course matching headlights would need to be had etc, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, just the upper part with the "H". The rest of the bumper is unchanged for non SC 07's

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Ah, ok.
Your pics weren't showing up earlier.
Looks like it should work.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How much does the 07 grille cost?

the 06 is listed at $27 and $24 for surround

still need part #2 and #3 for 07(they just pulled a switcharoo and now the frame is attached)

I like the looks of the 07 better than a billet on my 06

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love the 07 grill too! I hope it doesn't cost too much to replace.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, I Finished

Sorry about the statement about using the same "H". That is not true, the new "H" is wider than 06'- Price was right at $35 for each piece (#2 #3) and the new "H" was $15.

Here are the pics...

Notice that before I did the change I had no gray trim anywhere on my car. That is why I have shyed away from the rear spoiler and front bumper guard. But now, I think Honda added this small new piece to work with those accessories for the EX's in 07'

Do you think I should add the bumper gaurd?

I think next, I'm going to work on the headlights to match the 07'

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Looks good! I had emailed my local dealer to see it I could do what you did and I've gotten no response. I just added the Cloud Rider Grill which I got for a steal but I like the look of the new '07 better. Think I'm going to place a call now to my sales guy who I just talked with today. He said if I need anything to let him know and I could get it at his cost. Here's a pic of my CR. What do you think? I'm still not sold on adding any chrome or stainless to an EX-P. I had the front trim on my '03 E and really liked it. Gave the car a nice rugged look. I've been fore going it because it didn't match the trim level of the EX-P and I heard someone say it didn't really fit well on the '06. Not sure on the last but I do like the grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chozn4service said:
Looks good! I had emailed my local dealer to see it I could do what you did and I've gotten no response. I just added the Cloud Rider Grill which I got for a steal but I like the look of the new '07 better. Think I'm going to place a call now to my sales guy who I just talked with today. He said if I need anything to let him know and I could get it at his cost. Here's a pic of my CR. What do you think? I'm still not sold on adding any chrome or stainless to an EX-P. I had the front trim on my '03 E and really liked it. Gave the car a nice rugged look. I've been fore going it because it didn't match the trim level of the EX-P and I heard someone say it didn't really fit well on the '06. Not sure on the last but I do like the grill.
Thanks for the compliment. What are the black dots in the grills??? Are those zip ties??? I not sold on the CR grills at all. They seem to cover up too much, like a screen. The one grill I was cosidering before this change was the billet grills on top and bottom. Theres a set on Ebay for around $100 for both. That would be my 2nd choice.

By the way, I love the new side moldings, they look great. And your rear spoiler... did you have it painted or ordered an 07's pre-painted?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
The black dots are the thumb screws that tighten it up. The way it works, is there is a bolt with a lock nut at the end with a small metal bracket that acts as the tightening agent. If I had the powder coated grill you would see them. I just think the EX-P trim deserves to have the black out kit through and through. I just put it on today and drove across town with it. I didn't feel comfortable with it there when I got in and out of the ride and when looking at the car in reflections. I'll probably pull it tomorrow sometime. I've already called my sales guy and asked him to research those part numbers and what my cost would be which is his cost. If it's doable I'll pick them up and put the CR on the market. I mean it's new and could serve someone well.
Thanks on the moldings! I think they're great and will serve me well. My rear spoiler I had painted when I got it. Cost me $50.00 to have done. My brother has a '05 NBP and we had his done too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me know how your upgrade goes. I am wanting to get those side moldings, rear spoiler, sidesteps, and fogs too. Did your sales person get you a deal on those pieces? If so, could you pm the prices you got, I want to talk with my salesman and see if he could match your deal, if it really beats HandA prices.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can you provide the part numbers for 2, 3, 4, and 5. It looks like these are the only things needed. correct?? Did your dealership have it in stock? The grille looks HOT! I think I read it would cost like 85.00 for all the needed parts. Yippee

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
toddracing said:
Can you provide the part numbers for 2, 3, 4, and 5. It looks like these are the only things needed. correct?? Did your dealership have it in stock? The grille looks HOT! I think I read it would cost like 85.00 for all the needed parts. Yippee
Yea, the whole deal was about $88 and that was after taxes. You need part # 75101-SCV-A02ZD and 75120-SCV-A02ZA for the front bumper. And the new larger "H" and you'll need 2 push nuts to hold the "H" on... part # 21093. Just make sure you pick up the new 07' H. I cant find the part number to that piece.

·
Registered
48 Posts
PaytonsE said:
Yea, the whole deal was about $88 and that was after taxes. You need part # 75101-SCV-A02ZD and 75120-SCV-A02ZA for the front bumper. And the new larger "H" and you'll need 2 push nuts to hold the "H" on... part # 21093. Just make sure you pick up the new 07' H. I cant find the part number to that piece.
Thanks!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

·
Registered
194 Posts
I ordered the parts today, but as my sales person was not willing to purchase the parts for me at discount.(she made enough off me, I found this site to late) I was stuck paying the parts dept. prices(-10% off coupon I had), so mine ended up about 40 each for #2 and #3 before coupon.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I have mine on order as well. They'll be in sometime mid-week and I did get an employee discount from the dealership so my cost will be somewhere under the $70 mark. If anyone can provide the part number for the Honda "H", I'd appreciate it. My dealership couldn't look up the part numbers because they didn't have them and I provided him with what I got from PaytonsE for the two main parts for the grill but I need the "H" part number. If you have it, please pass it on so I can get it to them. Thanks!

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
I tried ordering the grille pieces....but they arent available up here in canada yet.With my luck i'll be installing my grille in the snow.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
PaytonsE, Nice job on this mod. I now want to swap out my '05 upper grill for the '07. How easy was it for you to remove the front bumper and upper grill? Also, did you have to purchase additional clips to reattach everything?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts