Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just notice yesturday while washing my car. I found a very tiny pitted hole on the driver side windshield. I was wondering if later on, will this pit eventually crack my whole winshield! I have never had a crack windshield in my life after 16 years of owning cars. My VIN number doesn't fall in the "cracked windshield" recall, so what should i do???

Any advice is welcomed :D

2WD BNP EX with hood deflector, side steps, mud guards, rear bumper trim, wheel locks, keyless entry, security system, leather steering wheel cover, carpet, bungee's, seat covers, cargo tray, cargo organizer, cargo net, cargo cover. After market....garbage nylon bag and clear plastic floor mat's

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have also noticed many tiny pits on the windshield in the last several months.Also I have to clean this windshield every two days because of bug splats or road grime which seems excessive.Then my wife was on a local interstate when something hit the windshield very loudly.There were two tiny cracks [7mm] in the windshield and I called for glass replacement.The repairman suggested repairing it since it was small.I agreed since I would not have to pay deductible on my insurance.It looked great when he finished but over the next couple of weeks it is actually worse now than when it was first hit.I have read so many posts about cracked windshields that it makes me wonder if the Element windshield design or manufacture is not very durable. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts