Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any simple way to make the OEM Element stereo louder? (amp or something else?) Car is a 2008 Element EX AWD 5MT. The volume gets progressively louder from 0 to 30. From 30 to 40 it seems to only add bass and not really get louder and I think it actually sounds best at 30 and very rarely go over 30 because of the poor sound change.

So is there a way to make the volume louder? It doesn't seem to get all that loud from the factory.

Is it normal how the sound progresses from 30 to 40? Does any one elses OEM stereo do that?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You CAN add an amp to the the factory set-up, but if you only add it to the 4 full range speakers, you will most likely have enough power to drown out the effectiveness of the factory sub. You could also just try adding sound deadening material to the E, such as Dynamat or others. Lowering the noise floor in a vehicle can help the passengers to better hear what's going on inside the vehicle by eliminating some of the excessive road/wind noise. I guess in my eyes....even though it always isn't a simple solution, an audio upgrade is always worth it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You CAN add an amp to the the factory set-up, but if you only add it to the 4 full range speakers, you will most likely have enough power to drown out the effectiveness of the factory sub. You could also just try adding sound deadening material to the E, such as Dynamat or others. Lowering the noise floor in a vehicle can help the passengers to better hear what's going on inside the vehicle by eliminating some of the excessive road/wind noise. I guess in my eyes....even though it always isn't a simple solution, an audio upgrade is always worth it.
i agree 100% if you decrease the noise in the truck by 3dB then you are effectivly raising the volume by 3dB. 3dB is what it takes for something to sound twice as loud as before and to accomplish that in equipment you need to double the power of an audio system. these are actually tested facts and a big part of even the basic MECP test and study guide. the more dynamic range you get by reducing the noise floor the better. check out what i did to my doors. besides making the audio sound better it totally makes the doors not "clank" when you shut them

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57724

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wear ear plugs for 20 min before you get in the E. Then when you turn on the stereo it will seem much louder than you remember. The muted sound you hear while wearing the earplugs will make your hearing more sensitive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts