Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Honda Element and i'd really like to change it up a little in the look of it. I was wondering if there are stores that sell the same plastic siding stuff but in metal. I'd really like to get rid of the plastic like sides and just make the whole car metal.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
short answer... NO.

Long answer... NO.

Even the painted E's are plastic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure!? I've seen numerous photos of 2004 Elements that have had their parts replaced with metal ones. I looked around the car and I noticed that the plastic parts were just screwed on and that all it would take is for me to unscrew them and plop the metal parts on.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Are you sure!? I've seen numerous photos of 2004 Elements that have had their parts replaced with metal ones. I looked around the car and I noticed that the plastic parts were just screwed on and that all it would take is for me to unscrew them and plop the metal parts on.

They haven't been replaced with metal.....just smoother down and painted. The only E's trhat have metal fenders are the 2009's and only the front fenders are metal.

·
Registered
478 Posts
do what i did..search on craigslist..or go to ur nearest local junk car dump and im sure they could cut you a deal..i was lucky enuff to get a whole set..for 150 in nbp...minor scratches included "/

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My favorite EOC comment of all time:

PAINTED PANELS ARE EVIL!!
I think I've heard that some where before....now who was it.....?

ah, yes....now it's coming back to me....

I DID!!!!!!!

Why would anyone WANT to change one of the very things that makes an E unique??????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is it unique when all the early elements have that plastic siding? I think of unique as ONE OF A KIND...Something that not a lot of people do to their cars...The plastic siding (too me) is starting to get a little old on me...It just looks cheap like they ran out of metal parts so they just stuck some plastic on to finish the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts