Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Apex today, I've been told by a few different people I work with that I couldn't make it out there, but I have quite a bit more technical off-road driving skills, so I took the Elefent out today and had some FUN!

There was only one hill that I couldn't manage to get up, but it was more than 45* (easily) and it was about 8-10" of deep soft powdery sand, so He performed quite well today.

This is the only picture I got and it was at In-n-Out afterwards...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda element

And here's a version that was modified with Photobucket, they've made some major improvements lately...

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dude, we really need to hang out some time! I know some wicked trails that are perfect for the E around Vegas. If you have GPS I will send to the coordinates.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd Love to, don't think I have the time tho right now, I'm trying to get all this moving business taken care of, go ahead and send them, better yet, post them and maybe if there's someone else in Vegas, they can go, too.

When I get to AK, I'm getting lift and tires, etc. I can't wait, I'll have some good pics in AK, me and the wife are looking to invest in a piece of remotely located land (20 acres for 14.500!!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wait, there are trails in near Vegas!?!?! Someone send me some info, I'm going to be out there the beginning of Thanksgiving week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Will do, My GPS program got wiped so I will have to pull them up on Google Earth.

There are some Great trails near Lake Mead.
If you don't mind the Drive I really Recommend Christmas Tree Pass near Laughlin (90min south of Vegas)
I am heading up to Zion tomorrow for a week soon as I get back I'll dig them up!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Most of the tails in Lake mead have been destroyed by NPS to cut back on transients living out there (a REAL problem around Boxcar Cove) but further back along North Shore Rd there is some real fun and challenging Trails.
My Fav spot is on an unnamed road about 2 miles east of the road to Callville Bay. Your going to cross a wash the turn on the dirt trail to the left. Head down to the Wash and make a right (you can go left and drive under the bridge it you want, but you can't go much further than that in an E) There are tons of Trails for the E around there. Most of them are sand washes and narrows. LINK

36°12'12.43"N 114°43'58.56"W Crematorium Narrows
That is not the real name, I call it that because of the rather odd and somewhat creepy place people have set up a campfire. It is a challenging trail. You can only go so far before you have to pull about an 18 point turn around and head back. But trust me it is WELL WORTH IT.

36° 15' 50.41", -114° 28' 56.61 Boathouse cove and Cleopatra's Wash
This one is a tough trail, in fact I don't know if part of it is even passable anymore since the rain (been over a year since I have done it). If you like Hiking. I HIGHLY recommend Cleopatra's Wash. Stop at the Second campsite (if you can make it) and walk due east along the wash. it takes you to Lake Mead Via one of the best (in not THE BEST) trails in the LV area. Be aware that you will need rope for some of the water falls. Check the links for more info
If you drive past the 2nd campsite there is a riven that is a PAIN IN THE ASS for the E. I barley made it last time so use your better judgment. But if you do make it there is a beautiful cove waiting for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rg5-0r-FA
http://www.birdandhike.com/Hike/LAME/CleoWash/_Cleopatra.htm

Anniversary Narrows
I found this while I was looks up other trails on Google, I think I did it once A while back but can't remember. Check it out at your own risk

Like I said it's been a long time sense I have been on them. be sure to bring a shovel and lots of water. Most the the trails are sand and easy to get stuck in.

Have fun, and take lots of pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.