Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there deals to be had nowadays?

i own an 05 lx that back in the day i paid about 100 over invoice for. today i was at a honda dealership looking for a car for the lady. she was originally looking at civics, but then i stopped dead in my tracks in the dealership seaing a omni pearl blue element. I exclaimed "they have white elements?!?!" as it looked white under the showroom lights. the guy helping us was like oh yeah, i can give you a good closeout deal on that. blah blah. actually, multiple times during different test drives he kept mentioning deals and how slow it was and seemed really desperate. so we talked about the element a little and I'm seriously thinking about it.

but I'm curious about how much are people paying in relation to invoice? and how much would be advised now for a 2009 LX AT that it seems like they're trying hard to get rid of.

i'm kinda feeling like there's a deal to be had here, being last years model and how slow he was telling me their dealership gets around holidays (it was dead in there) and how he jumped straight into offering me deals when i did a double take at the element.

is coming away with it under invoice realistic here? last years model, and to reiterate...they guy seemed really desperate to sell something.

Also, this E was inside the lobby and I'm pretty sure it's been there most of its life, would that affect anything?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
am i getting the nub question ignore?

I remember when I bought my 05 there was a thread describing the invoice prices and what could be had in relation to invoice for buying a new one. I'm wondering if that exists updated for 09 10, or if anyone has any tips for this economy/end of the year deal buying as what they may be wiling to do in the situation described above.

I read the fax blast sticky above, which is basically what I did via email back when I bought mine, but my current situation is a little different.

Any tips/ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i bought my 08 ex 4wd exactly 2 years ago. I called several dealers and explained that i didnt have time to come to a bunch of different dealers and try to get a good deal. I had them all call me back with their best price. I told them whoever gave me the best price on the one i wanted was going to have an easy sale, i would walk in and sign the paperwork. The best deal i could get was 21,800. I called the dealer that i really wanted to deal with, even though he was a little bit higher and told him that i would like to purchase the e from him but i had a better price from a different dealer. I told them 21,300 is what i wanted to spend and he called me back in about 15 minutes and said he would do that. Let them know you are serious and you are going to buy one somewhere. There are lots of dealers out there and lots of resources to get info. Decide what you want to pay and if they are willing to sell it to you for that price, get yourself a new vehicle...help keep me in a job,,,,buy one! lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
our local dealer had a $5000.00 off sale in oct off all new hondas ( at least that what they said) so you should be able to get it right. when the salesman tells you at his invoice that dosent mean thats what the dealer paid for the unit. the dealers play a lot of games. like the dealer will give the salesman a invoice for what they will let him sell the unit for.thats" his "invoice price. there are a lot of ways for the dealer to screw you.so just work at it.the longer they have it the more it cost them. good luck

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ I like your choice of E, except the auto part ;)

the guy dropped it down to "invoice" (which was really invoice + destination) pretty quickly, then offer to split the 400 dealer fee so another 200.

I'm really feeling like this should be had for less than invoice (no destination) and no dealer fees. invoice for 2009 lx 2wd at is 18878. I was hoping to get it to start with a 17, and I'll never pay bs dealer fees. I like to hardball negotiate, but are my goals unreasonable?

·
Registered
16 Posts
^ hope there are deals to be had!

I'll be watching to see how this turns out! I've been looking for used e's but this is getting better! Keep us posted please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts