Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY Times cover story in this Sunday's "Lifestyle" section has a pic of an SOP Element included with this story.

Evidently marketing guru's and other assorted psycho babalists have identified a new psycho-demographic trend/subgroup. This group of otherwise successful/responsable/parents are honoring their "inner child", but not at the expense of our families, jobs and responsabilities. They refer to the "Tonka-like Element as appealing to this demographic.

Fun is an important aspect of my life, as it is to anyone living a full balanced life. Once again, these supposed "professionals have "discovered the existentially obvious", redefined it in their own language and now are touting their "latest psychological/marketing discovery as something original. Since when didn't adults want to have fun? Most healthy adults already know the importance of balance in their lives.
Thought provoking or dummydown time?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey! You just beat me to posting a message about that article. One part said that Honda expected this to happen (the average age of Element buyers to be around 40), but then again they did target it for 20-30... I don't buy it :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Kayakin' Dan ~ step aside sonny.. I am 44!

yep, I was thinking that the other day. I haven't owned a car for "fun" since I was in my 20s and road rallying Opels.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My "E" does very much the same thing for me as my 3 Honda motorbikes, a fun vehicle, that I can change around a bit and just have a blast driving. My 3 pickups were, in retrospect, rather stodgy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Alrighty there Kayak Dan, hold on to your rear end, son. I'm at the top end of the curve, age wise, at 57. I have bought more "junk" for my Element to fix it up than I have any OTHER car I have ever owned. Sure, as a young car owner, the first thing some kid/young adult wants to do is add something, or take something off, put diff wheels and/or tires on it, beef up the engine a little, etc, etc, ad nauseum. But this car makes my second childhood come to life!! Sure, I have put my usual Ham radio stuff on it, and that in itself makes it look slightly diff, but then I got all this other stuff.
By the way, KD, check out Hondasuv.com, where I happen to be the Car of the Month for September. You get to see ME (and wifey) as well as the Famous Flaming Box!!

Ger 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts