Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You better check them out.........I have a small dent inprinted on both mine in the same location on both seats just mirrored. Both my seats were up on their side and are now completly out of my E......The imprint is still there after two weeks out of my E, PLUS it now looks like it cut threw the fabric on both of them. Just by looking at the way the seats hang, I cannot see any spot that caused this...I will reinstall the seats, rehang them and see if I can see problem then. If indeed, my seats are cut from hanging on their sides, Honda has a major problem on hand.

Here is where you look for this problem........Both my marks are about 3 inches and at a 45 degree angle from the head rest hole that is closer to the floor when hanging on their sides. If you were seating on the seat, it would be about at your shoulder...left shoulder on the left seat, and right on the right seat.

Check this out and report back please!

·
Registered
46 Posts
you can avoid imprints by:

1. removing the headrests
2. make sure the seat backs are laid ALL THE WAY DOWN flat before you put em up

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote:ee0f493fbc="sean010101"]you can avoid imprints by:

1. removing the headrests
2. make sure the seat backs are laid ALL THE WAY DOWN flat before you put em up[/quote:ee0f493fbc]

I agree. I had one seat up for about a month and never noticed a problem. Slight groove in the handle where the carribiner fastened, but not a major blemish.

If the seat doesn't go up easily, check to make sure it's flat enough. Don't force it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts