Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a picture of the upgraded driver side arm rest in a prior thread. Looks to me like it takes up most of the space between the front seats. To fit one of our bikes in, without popping the front wheel off, part of a wheel would have to go into the space between the seats. Doesn't look like it will work. Any experience out there?
Does the EX 2WD come with a smaller armrest on the right side of the driver's seat, as well as on the door on the left?
Can the fancy wide armrest be added later on? What sort of cost? Is it complicated enough so a dealer has to do it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You can put it in yourself - it's pretty easy. And, once it's installed, it pops right out. You actually install a mount, then slide the new armrest onto the mount. So, if you need the room for your bike, you can pop the armrest right off again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for info. Anyone with pictures of the armrest mount installed, without the armrest on it? What is involved in removing the armrest from the mount? Is there some mechanism to hold it on the mount? Is installing the whole thing an easy job one can do without a dealer, sometime after initial purchase?
Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:7142dff807="GMflyfish"]What is involved in removing the armrest from the mount? [/quote:7142dff807]

Flip it up, press a button on the mount, pull the armrest away from the seat (towards the passenger door). You'll probably need to lower the passenger seat back first to get it out of the way.

[quote:7142dff807="GMflyfish"] Is there some mechanism to hold it on the mount? [/quote:7142dff807]

Yup, a little built-in latch thing with a button that you can only see when the arm is flipped all the way up.

[quote:7142dff807="GMflyfish"] Is installing the whole thing an easy job one can do without a dealer, sometime after initial purchase?
Thanks.[/quote:7142dff807]

Yes. I bought mine from Handa, took me 30 minutes to install and I was working slowly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put two bikes in easily just by turning the front wheel on one after hooking both rear seats to the side. Didn't even come close to the armrest. Could probably put in three bikes and attached the third rider to the rack. Gotta Love the E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts