Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the only thing I cannot stand about the Element (and the wife also) is that there is no arn rest for the passenger in the element.

Anyone know how one can be added? Perhaps an after market center console of the right height would provide this? A tall cooler?

I did not look close enough but, could a driver armrest be turned upside down and mounted on the passenget seat somehow.

Any ideas will be appreciated...

·
Registered
34 Posts
This has been discussed before - you have several options. Buy something to fit between the seats to use as storage/armrest. Buy the Honda storage armrest that replaces the driver's armrest (around $100). Pick up another driver's armrest and mount it to the passenger seat. People (like me) who have replaced their standard armrest with the bigger storage armrest are looking for new homes for their old armrest (read "cheap".)

We've found that both the driver and passenger can use the Honda optional storage armrest as it is both wider and longer than the standard armrest (which is a poor armrest I will agree.)

Good luck.

K

·
Registered
51 Posts
:roll:
Many other Element owners suggest using the SteelHorse Console, but alas, I ordered one three weeks ago to just get an email that it is discontinued. They wanted to know if I wanted the Texas Saddle Bag Console (replacement for steelhorse console)
Any owners familiar with this one? And is it comparable to the SteelHorse?

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We installed the Honda storage armrest and found that it works perfectly for the passenger as well as the driver on a 2,000 road trip. I am a strapping 6 footer and my wife is petite 5' 3, and we both found the armrest comfortable regardless of seat positions, etc. It is an easy install.

yelapa

·
Registered
273 Posts
>>>>>People (like me) who have replaced their standard armrest with the bigger storage armrest are looking for new homes for their old armrest (real "cheap".) <<<<<

would the armrest happen to be green.?.... may be interested.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the regular armrest. I would rather rest my arm on the soft fabric than hard plastic that sticks to my skin when it's hot. to each his own.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I really like the Honda storage armrest. It's much more comfortable for me (as driver) and it's big enough that it works for the passenger seat.

I didn't want a Vector or anything like that, as I didn't want to limit access to the emergency brake or the cup holders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
speaking of the Honda storage arm rest, I just noticed today, if you look inside the storage compartment's top, there are more places for pens and other accessories. I should open my eyes more. hehehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts