Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
if you have the storage arm rest on the drivers side nothing will really fit on the passenger.. now if you have the standard one you might be able to see if you can buy another one from the parts department, and put it on upside down on the passenger side there should be enough room for that..

the back seats i think would be rough, cause it would make folding the seats against the wall difficult. you can always add a removable cube shaped cushion between the back two seats which both people in the back could rest on, and it could be tosses aside when you need to flip the seats up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I put my arm rest in yesterday. Very simple and it looks good.

Simon it is a bit higher then the standard armrest.

It also can lock into several different angles besides being down flat or up against the seat side.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Darkwing,
no, you can't get an armrest on the passenger's seat. An aftermarket job probably would require some serious labor. I think that the "accessory armrest" that szacherau installed covers most of the width between the seats. Hey szacherau does it??? Some pictures details about the compartments would be nice too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great ! I'm glad it's a little higher than the stock armrest. The stock is worthless to anyone 5'10 or larger IMO.

:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the responses. It stinks that you can't get a passenger armrest.

Also on the stock arm rest, I am 6'3" and I have no problems with the arm rest, I do have long arms so maby thats it but I have not had a problem with it.

Thank you again for your responses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the good thing about the larger armrest is that u can tilt and it feels higher. only wish they made it longer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The armrest is much wider then the standard and it only leaves about three inches between it and the passenger so my wife is always using it with me. I will take some shots today and post them as soon as I can.

Later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow,

Thanks for the pics szacherau! The armrest looks quite large & bulky.
May I ask:
How deep is the storage compartment?

Does the armrest hinder your ability to get to the rear seats?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the large armrest this week. It's wide enought for the driver & front passenger to comfortably share. As noted in earlier post, you can set it for different angles. Very comfortable, and much more useful than standard armrest. It has removeable dividers so stuff won't flop around too bad when you raise it up. Only drawback is that it gets in the way of the drivers seatbelt latch. You either have to raise it up, or reach around it to attach/detach your seatbelt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts