Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my EX 2WD Black Element, on Thursday and I love it! The only weird thing for me is the arm rest. It's a bit too low to be comfortable. I was thinking of getting the upgraded version, but I'm not sure if that will help. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The storage armrest is by far one of the best options to purchase (after the keyless entry IMHO). It's adjustable and offers a great deal more hidden storage in a very convenient location. It's also wide enough for the passenger to share an armrest as well. It does however make it more difficult to buckle your seatbelt (a minor adjustment), reach down get to your floor console, and in some cases, it may hamper freedom of movement in a 5sp (although I have a 5sp and have had absolutely no problems).

Search the boards and you'll find a lot more on this topic.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You also may want to look into aftermarket center consoles. There are several threads (use the search option to find them!) on this subject, postings of pros and cons. There is a large "following" for the storage armrest and many who have opted for aftermarket consoles and console coolers.

I personally went with a now out of circulation Steel Horse Center Console, for me it was the best option as it has about 2 1/2 times as much storage space as the Honda Storage Armrest. I like that because when I go to the park to go running I can simply put my purse inside, plus I stash my MP3 player inside when not in use.

But remember, to each his/her own! Do what is right for you and your E!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I've been searching the boards, and have found lots of good info. Seems like there are some good solutions out there for extra storage, but I'm more concerned with something tall enough to lean on! Does the upgraded arm rest adjust height-wise?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Technically the storage armrest does not have a height adjustment but it does pivot and lock in at different angles so you can tilt it up a bit but it will not be level. It is however higher than the stock armrest to begin with so that might solve your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.