Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I install the Arm Rest w/ compartment (driver's side) can the existing one be installed on the passenger side.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mike1007,

Yes, and no. There is no room for the other arm rest to be installed, unless you put it higher than the one with storage. The arm rest with storage fits between the 2 seats and does not leave much room for installation of anything else.

If you went and put the regular arm rest in, you would have to flip it upside down to put it on the passenger side. The connection is fitted for the driver's side only.

So, while you can do it, I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll tell you gents, I don't think there is anything in the passenger seat to bolt it to! I have felt around very carefully and if there is anything in there, it sure doesn't show up. Who wants to be the first to cut holes in their passenger backrest to prove it! Not me, dude. :roll:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not me either! Thanks alot for the info. Maybe you could also answer my question posted under the Accessory forum.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does the larger afermarket armrest block the cup holders or make them more difficult to use? :?:

·
Registered
608 Posts
burnt-o,

Only when it is down :lol:

Sorry, had to. Yes, it can block you a bit from the cup holders, but with a bit of trying, you can still use both.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks RML! :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I love the storage armrest really nice, and large enough for passenger and driver to have their elbos on.. and your pups head too!

You do reach under for your drinks, but this is not an obstacle.. i have had no problem doing this.. even while driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer suggested not have it installed as it impeeds your ability, front seat passenger, to get to the back seat. True?

KJS

·
Registered
914 Posts
why would the front seat passenger need to get to the back? You can always pull over and let the person open up the back door and get to it...

·
Registered
155 Posts
What basically happened is the armrest was turned upside down, and so the zipper is facing up. That really should not be a big deal to some.

(RML - "from picture at the other site" is that your old arm rest he bought from EBay?

:p

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I found a armrest console solution. I installed a Bestop Jeep console. It is black, plastic and square. I think it looks okay and I installed it in a non perminent way. Check my website for pics. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can Anyone tell me if the compartment armrest is adjustable? When my seat is in the proper position(Slightly reclined) the stock armrest points slightly upward making it uncomfortable. The one on my Audi adjusts to 5 settings to compensate for long torso drivers reclining the seat. I am fearful that with the longer length the arm rest would come out at such an angle as to render it useless in functionality. :?:

·
Registered
64 Posts
On a couple of sites I read that the upgraded Honda armrest is for Auto Trans only.......Could that be? Why would that be?

shaka........47Ag107 8)

·
Registered
106 Posts
As i have the DX, I have no armrest at all. i want to purchase the aftermarket one, but not until i know that it won't be a problem to shift. It would be awful nice to have SOME hidden storage.....

Any opinions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my E last night, I'm finding that the stock armrest is mounted too low for it to be comfortable for me. Thought it might just be me, so I had my wife and a few co-workers sit in the drivers seat to see what they think. They all said that they felt it was too low. Have any of you run into this, I haven't seen anything posted about it? Also, does the larger, storage armrest mount/feel higher than stock?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Its adjustable to a point, up or down, but its definitely worth the money. I didn't like the stock one because of its fixed position. So yeah go for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts