Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Armand Bayou Nature Reserve, is 86 acres donated by the Martyn Family to help preserve the fragile eco system and wildlife of the area South of Houston, TX.

The Martyn Family purchased the land in the late 1800's, for $300.
The land was unique because this plot contained a bayou, a lake, pond, forest, wetland and a grassland prairie.

All types of wildlife reside here, alligators, turtles, coyotes, armadillo's, deer, hawks, owls, prairie chickens and home to 2 Bison. It also contains about 9 different types of SNAKES!

The home on the property is a late 1800's home, brought over after the 1900 hurricane blew it off it's foundation in Galveston.

The park showed how the Martyn family lived in the 1800's off their farm, raising pigs, sheep and cattle.
For their main income they grew sugar cane.

Here are some pics, I still have a smudge in my camera lens:-(

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great pics (apart from the smudge) and as you would likely say... WASH THAT DANG THING PRONTO!!! =P

I like the turtle pic =)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow...haven't been there since I lived in Clear Lake years ago. Appreciate your bringing back some good memories. (Looks as though Ike didn't take too much of a toll on it either...thank goodness).

Thanks for posting...

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow...haven't been there since I lived in Clear Lake years ago. Appreciate your bringing back some good memories. (Looks as though Ike didn't take too much of a toll on it either...thank goodness).

Thanks for posting...
There are lots and lots of downed trees, the forested area is pretty much low land and swampish. The root systems were pretty shallow, so the larger trees did not fair well.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 6 of 6 Posts